The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

daizeUK said:
How did you calculate your PAR?  The T5's don't usually tell you do they?
I have a seneye reef which tells me exactly what my PAR is:)

Small update. Now my plants are established I thought I might get a couple of BN Plecs once again. Rather than get back my old BN I gave to a friend I thought I would look for something a little different. After a search on the interweb, I found a local breeder on the Leicester Aquatics facebook page which Shelster recommended to me. Yesterday I bought a trio of mating Albino BN Plecs. Both females are gravid so hoping to have fry real soon:) Thanks Shelster for the recommendation.

Hi SLIM, bit of a random question, but the picture of your old tank on the very first page, what are the two big leafed plants in the back corners? And also whats the red plant? Cheers!

SouthernCross said:
Hi SLIM, bit of a random question, but the picture of your old tank on the very first page, what are the two big leafed plants in the back corners? And also whats the red plant? Cheers!
Hi. The 2 big green plants are Amazon Swords and the red one is a African Tiger Lotus:)

That's what I was going to say but I was sure you would say something more specific than amazon swords lol

greenmumma141 said:
That's what I was going to say but I was sure you would say something more specific than amazon swords lol
lol to be honest, it was such a long time ago I cant really remember the exact species of sword it was.

Well just been trimming my tank for the last hour and I cant seem to get it how I want it.
Iv chopped out loads n loads. Keep stepping back and thinkin Naaa still dont like it.
Then the penny dropped. IM BORED WITH IT!
Soooo iv decided! Im stripping it all down tomorrow and im go to start again from scratch. Yep XD
Im thinkin more simple this time with a center piece
Watch this space:)

What NOOOOOO lol!
You can't be bored with it already, it's beautiful!

daizeUK said:
What NOOOOOO lol!
You can't be bored with it already, it's beautiful!
Yep lol Just think of it as a major move around:)

:D looking forward to the new look, I'm sure it's going to impress!

Enjoy yourself tomorrow and we shall all be waiting for the updates :)

Well just spent the last 3 n a half hours tearing everthing out of the tank (except the dwarf sag) and replanting it all.
Must say im impressed. Much prefer to the new layout. Took out some hardscape, binned loads of stems (proper gone off stems) Made a center peice centered in the tank and just planted around that. Looks alot more sparce, not SO heavily planted but I like it - and itll grow in, again lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back