🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

How excited are you? :D looking forward to seeing updated pics :D

The tank looks great as it is with the current lights. :) But I can't wait to see what you'll do with extra light.

Well lights arrived today and have been installed. The lights are amazing I gotta say. These leds have been designed to run along side my exsisting T5s. They do the job beautifully. All my plants are pearling like crazy. Iv never seen so much pearling. Its like upside down underwater rain lol.
Vey pleased

Cant wait to see moonlight mode tonight after lights out XD

Lol il upload a couple of pics tomorrow. Video will hafta wait til after my hols but I will upload one promise:)

SLIM said:

Why do you need more lighting SLIM?
Well I dont need more lighting really, I want higher lighting because itll help turn my red plants red again, il achieve faster growth rate, il be able to grow harder to grow plants and also hopefully il achieve even more pearling:)
Plus the new lighting will also have moonlighting XD

What is pearling?
Still drooling over this tank BTW

stanleo said:
Why do you need more lighting SLIM?
Well I dont need more lighting really, I want higher lighting because itll help turn my red plants red again, il achieve faster growth rate, il be able to grow harder to grow plants and also hopefully il achieve even more pearling:)
Plus the new lighting will also have moonlighting XD
What is pearling?
Still drooling over this tank BTW
Thank you very much:)
Thinking bout a slight rescape in a couple of weeks. Nothing too drastic but it does mean saying bye to the cabomba

Pearling my friend is when plants produce pure oxygen from their leaves. This happens when you have good stable co2, adequate ferts and strong lighting
Il upload some pics tomorrow of my current pearling so you can see exactly what I mean
snazy said:
The tank looks great as it is with the current lights. :) But I can't wait to see what you'll do with extra light.
Thanks Snazy. So far the plants are absolutely loving the extra light!
I do have some minor changes in mind so watch this space lol

OK so here are a couple of pics as promised.
First of all of the pearling i have going on. Sorry for the bad quality pics as i only have my S3 Phone to take pics.
These really don't do the pearling justice as much as a video would but at least your get an idea.
There will be a new update video shortly, hopefully in a week or 2
biggrin.png

9200956719_f0c2495c63_b.jpg
9203750572_6d189058e5_b.jpg
9203747842_e2a0d08734_b.jpg

And finally Moonlight mode with the new LEDs
yahoo.gif

9203744828_9c26d7493b_b.jpg

9200958347_43aa363956_b.jpg

9203746062_cc6fa15d93_b.jpg

Just to let you all know also, I'm going away tomorrow on holiday for a week so if you message me and i don't answer, that's why lol
I shall be back next Saturday
IL be on most of today tho
good.gif

LOVE IT!!!

I have moonlights on mine but yours looks way better!

That pearling is amazing on the big red leaf :)

I am really please with the blue moonlights.
Kinda wish I asked steve to cram in more whites to make it brighter still lol
Having said that tho the plants are pearling nicely!
I still have room for one more 54w T5 under the hood so watch this space Hahahaha never ever happy me, gotta push the boundaries.

Wow!!!!!! The pearling is amazing! :drool:

The moonlight is beautiful, I think it's a perfect balance!!! I've seen some that literally make the tank neon blue and then there is mine which just gives it a slight blue hue lol. 

I agree, I also think its just right. Thank you xx

Well just got back from my weeks holiday which was fantastic by the way, and have come home to some good news, annoying news, bad news and some sad news.

Well start positive.....

Good news - 99.9% of my plants have managed very well without co2 or ferts in my absents. Infact theyve gone bonkers and grown like crazy:)

Annoying news - On close inspection, i now have a very slight case of bba which WILL be destroyed. Time to get the carbon out.
Cheeky algae creeping in as soon as the co2 is switched off

Bad news - Echinodorus Ozelot has almost melted away into nothing. Im not sure if its savable but i will try my hardest.
Annoying because these plants are supposed to be "easy" non demanding plants, but for some strange reason mine is extremely dependant on co2.
Loved that plant so i hope it does bounce back

And lastly the sad news - Unfoetunately for reason unknown my red devil angelfish has passed away in my absence.
I have no idea what could of caused her death but im soooo gutted as she was one of my favourite fish.
Really upset about that. Starting a dose of sterazin to steralize the tank and to rid any possible parasite in the tank X-(

Other than that, all is good and im glad to be home:)

Most reactions

Back