Ebjd - Fish Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have been looking for an hour or so on different sites and I am fairly sure that mine is a female due to the fins and the blue spangles filling her cheeks and gills. Maybe yours is just a little dull, not sure.

Leaning towards the spangles on her face i would say yes too. I have just never seen such a shiny lady! She wears her jewelry well :)

Well I have had this little fellow for four weeks now. He has grown, and is well over 1 and a half inches now. His personality seems to be growing too!

Took me over an hour to get his picture as he will not stay still!

DSC_0407.jpg

Leaning towards the spangles on her face i would say yes too. I have just never seen such a shiny lady! She wears her jewelry well :)

Adding to the debate :p A picture of one of my females when i had her;

DSC_0097.jpg

OP: Make sure you get lots of photo's of your Jack as he grows, they change colouration so much and i found it great to catalogue how it changes, almost week to week! Keep the updates coming.

James, I wondered how long it would be before you managed to sneak a picture of your old EB into here :rolleyes: yes he was nice :lol:

I think my standard JD is 100% female though, especially after seeing your picture.

Seeing as you asked, here is another picture of the little fellow. He is quite hard to photograph as he is so active.

DSC_0414.jpg

Haha, any chance to drop my Jack in :p Lol, in all fairness i have very few photo's of my females on their own, they always hung around my male. The odd few i have without my male in are blurry :blink: Nevermind....

My Jack was always super active as a tiddler, would never stay still. Good, none blurry photo's of my juvi Jack were like gold dust!

James - Was in Pier today and they had some EB's. They were £15 each and around 2 inches in length and looking very healthy. Colour seemed good aswell. Cheapest I have ever seen them.

Saw them listed online yesterday on thier website for £12.95 :p I'd be reluctant to pay that little for one. Might sound daft, but i'd rather pay higher price for stock that i 'know' is quality bred. They don't appear the nicest colouration ones if the image on their site is anything to go by how they are in store? I'm not a fan of the bright vibrant sheen of blue, like that in a blue german ram, y'know :blink:

If anyone wants an EBJD though, most can't argue with that price!

Saw them listed online yesterday on thier website for £12.95 :p I'd be reluctant to pay that little for one. Might sound daft, but i'd rather pay higher price for stock that i 'know' is quality bred. They don't appear the nicest colouration ones if the image on their site is anything to go by how they are in store? I'm not a fan of the bright vibrant sheen of blue, like that in a blue german ram, y'know :blink:

If anyone wants an EBJD though, most can't argue with that price!

Oh thats even cheaper :crazy: I agree though far too cheap for a decent stock of a hard to find fish. They were very blue though, like you say almost a sheen to them. Did not look very natural at all. Compared to mine, they seemed to have very long fins for their size. I honestly didnt think that they looked as nice as mine either :p

Pier is in Wigan, right?

Yes :good:

Over the past week or so, my female JD has been digging craters in the sand. She has never done this before. For those who have bred JD's, is this pre breeding behaviour?

Maybe she senses the little fellow and likes his colours :lol:

They do occasionally dig, but it's not really breeding behavior. when you see her cleaning off rocks, then look for possible spawning

Here is the latest picture. Its not the best, but I installed a Hydor Korelia 2800 yesterday for my Barbs and Pictus to play in and he will not stay out of the flow. He keeps shoaling with the Barbs and I am sure that he thinks he is one :rolleyes:

DSC_0579.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back