Dyed Fish Sales Not Being Outlawed In Uk

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

No, Glo Fish aren't dyed. They are genetically engineered. Originally to be used as an "indicator species" for water pollution, then the people who developed them realized they could sell them and got greedy.

Well,

since i'm not in or from UK i couldn't send it to the MP there, but I am sending one to my MP in Singapore. One out of two aquariums selling ornamental fish in Singapore sells these cruelly dyed creatures, which obviously puts a big sign in front of their shop saying 'Hey! Come and the inexperienced shopkeeper!Don't mind the fish, look at ME!'

Hoping people would put an end to this 'hooliganlistic' practice and admire fish as what they are in real life.

J'rey

this is brilliant work and i will be helping towards your campaign by sending the letter to my local mp. As a newbie, this practice of dying was unknown to myself till now so thanks for bringing it to my attention as i totally disagree with it.

Yeah me too! Nicely written letter, keep up the good work!

Ive just read this and i am shocked and appalled!! :grr:
Needless to say i will be copying and emailing this to my MP as well.

wow....this is terrible they are fish..not fricken pin cushions or dip chips....im sending this to my local mp and any others i can possibly send to

Hi,

I've just copied & pasted it & have e-mailed it to a large amount of the ministers in the Irish government as this practice needs to stamped out in as many countries as possible, as quickly as possible.

I will post this advice on my website in the next few days, www.aquascene.biz and hopefully it will help to spread the word a bit.

AquaScene.

I just wanted to say don't despair, you may not have much success with MP's (dont think much of them myself, tried with other matters) but I am new here, Not even got water in my tank yet! but until I read your posts I was not aware of this practice. So you see the most effective method of stopping this is to tell people about it. So well done. I will be making sure all my friends and family know about this, I'm sure they dont already. What a cruel stupid horrible way to destroy natural beauty.

For all those who are still reading the beginning of this post and sending the letter, but haven't bothered reading all the rest of this thread, perhaps I should update you.

The letter you are sending is asking for the import of dyed fish into the UK to be banned in the forthcoming Animal Welfare Bill, unfortunately, this bill was passed last year and dyed fish were not banned :angry: so sending the letter is of no use.

I have been told that the banning of importing of dyed fish cannot be implemented because it would be over ruled by the EU as they are not banned in europe and it would be a restriction of trade.

I think the next logical step is for a letter to be sent to MEP's to get them banned in Europe :hyper: If anyone else fancies drafting a letter to MEP's for us all to use, that would be a great idea. There are many members on here with considerably better vocabulary, grammar and debating skills than myself, who could produce a much better letter than my previous attempt. *cough* Andywg *cough* ;)

Arfie

For all those who are still reading the beginning of this post and sending the letter, but haven't bothered reading all the rest of this thread, perhaps I should update you.

The letter you are sending is asking for the import of dyed fish into the UK to be banned in the forthcoming Animal Welfare Bill, unfortunately, this bill was passed last year and dyed fish were not banned :angry: so sending the letter is of no use.

I have been told that the banning of importing of dyed fish cannot be implemented because it would be over ruled by the EU as they are not banned in europe and it would be a restriction of trade.

I think the next logical step is for a letter to be sent to MEP's to get them banned in Europe :hyper: If anyone else fancies drafting a letter to MEP's for us all to use, that would be a great idea. There are many members on here with considerably better vocabulary, grammar and debating skills than myself, who could produce a much better letter than my previous attempt. *cough* Andywg *cough* ;)

Arfie
trying to get the eu to listen is going to be very difficult but we should all give it a go
maby we need a pation aswel as letters

if i knew was i was talking about i would give it a go knocking up a letter, i think im quite good at all that stuff.
but if some1 wants to give me the important bits to put in and stuff i should be able 2 do it

Hiya

Weldone Arfie. I was appauled to read the link to Practical Fish Keeping. I had heard of this practise, but thought it was not so wide spread in the UK. I have sent my MP (Sir John Butterfill) a copy of you letter as you put it in such a good manner. (Hope you don't mind). Lets hope this works as it is such a barbaric practice. Perhaps some should strip these people of thier protective coating and dip them in a dye then into a skin irratating solution. Maybe this could be used as thier punishment.

Fish lovers unite :fish: :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back