Dwarf Puffers Can I Keep One In A 3 Gallon

LMAO I was about to give you grief over the Goldies :P

Yeh maybe different types of Shrimp or maybe a small Cory Breeding tank?
 
I'd go for several different species of shrimp. Picking ones that wont crossbreed of course.

Then there is a really small red fish (can't rememeber the name), it's not Boraras brigittae... But it only grown to about 2cm.

You could keep one of those, I'm hoping someone knows what I mean, and some shrimp.
 
Found it! I'm genuinely quite proud of myself... lol.

It's called a Scarlet Badis, latin name: dario dario
badis02.jpg
 
would it be big enough for a dp i thought they needed ten gals minimum and obviously no shrimp then

and i like the one that curiosity101 found but

a fishdude said it needs 30 litres
 
Yeah but if you carry on googling plenty of other tank specs come up. I've seen plenty of people keeping single specimens in 15l. They don't seem like active swimmers from what I've read... and their bio-load shouldn't be a problem for a 3-4gal...
Eitherways, it was just a thought.
 
DPs in my experience (limited) and from what I have read do well in 4-5gallons on their own. I successfully have one of my separated DPs in a 5g and he is a happy little soul now!
 
cool i want one of them they are freshwater arnt they (pretty 99 percent sure)

do all they eat is snails and blood worms if so how often and
if not what and how often
 
yep they are freshwater for certain :)

They do eat bloodworm and snails, you might need to ease them onto frozen bloodworm, I feed mine once a day as they are competent eaters (others may not do so often). I skip Sundays to give their bellies a rest, the frozen bloodworm blister packs go a long way, I normally cut each cube into halves or thirds to save on waste. Mine tend to eat about 3 each to get a good round belly.

Snails I have only started to introduce, they are starting to get the picture though, best to set up own breeding if can (again only just started ;))

You will probably get varying reports on what people and how often they feed their DPs, it may be often to start with, with perhaps a every other day feeding when they are full grown.
 
Argggghhhhhhhhh If I Had only known you were looking for that Setup. They were for sale in the CarBoot for Under a Tenner Complete.
 
Seriously?!!! I love those Azoos!! Amazing bargain.

The only thing also to mention with DPs is they are known jumpers (apparently!) so just be aware.

The only time I witnessed a jump with mine is when one got shocked by me turning a light off and leapt the water only to enter the water again and hit her head on bogwood and knock herself out completely. That was a panicky tearful night I can tell you!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top