The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kimbereally

Reaction score
Hello,
I had made a previous post about some injured gourami that had fungus and needed to be treated. Unfortunately I lost 2 of them and my last little guy made it through the salt treatment for about a week and a half. I had started removing the salt through 25% water changes and by now there's no longer any salt in the tank. However, I wasn't 100% sure yesterday but today I can see that it looks like it's coming back! He still has his big gash but it was looking really great and starting to heal until yesterday, and I noticed he had those puffy wisps again :((
How should I go about this? I heard its bad to treat them with salt for any more than 2 weeks but it really looked like he was completely better and now that the salt is gone he's got it again. Should I try retreating him? I'm not too sure about using medication bc I know Gouramis are sensitive and so far I'm just doing a daily 25% water change to keep the quality up. All the parameters are great I'm just not sure how to deal with this pesky fungus

Have you got pictures and a link to the previous thread about this?

Get salt back in the tank if fungus is coming back. You can keep salt in the tank for up to a month with fish like gouramis, but no more than a month.

Have you got pictures and a link to the previous thread about this?

Get salt back in the tank if fungus is coming back. You can keep salt in the tank for up to a month with fish like gouramis, but no more than a month.
Hello, this is the link to the previous post I mentioned: https://www.fishforums.net/threads/fungus-and-is-maracyn-safe-for-loaches-and-snails.482575/

His wounds were healing but now they just look like the pics from before. I did a water change today so tomorrow I'll do a 25% and start adding in the salt again so hopefully he feels better soon. Thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Back