Drift Wood

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SnailPocalypse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So Im just wondering I had some wood that I forgot to boil put slapped in a bucket o water and it seems to have stopped leaching tannins will it be ok to put some in my tank?Like it wont shed or anything?

So Im just wondering I had some wood that I forgot to boil put slapped in a bucket o water and it seems to have stopped leaching tannins will it be ok to put some in my tank?Like it wont shed or anything?
Boiling helps release tannins faster but soaking can work, it just takes longer. Have you changed out the water and re-soaked it? You need to change it a few times till it starts becoming clear. It also wouldn't hurt to scrub it good with a brush of some sort to get any debris/nasties off the surface.

Ah I just changed it yesterday and it seems to pretty fine so I put some in turtle tank and it came out clear from what I can tell

a good wash in hot water is all any wood needs. boiling will just shorten the life of the wood and release tannins that would never, otherwise, have been released.

tannins are good for your fish anyway so some is fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back