Dont Fall Asleep

Well, my gf doesnt like fish. We don't live with eachother, so i doubt it would happen. But, if she did mess with it, she probably couldnt do THAT much harm( I hope!).
 
she probably couldnt do THAT much harm

You'd be surprised. A friend of mine went on holiday for a month two years ago and asked his sister to come in and house-sit for him. He received a phonecall two days after he left saying that his fish were all dead. When he asked what had happened he was told she had seen all the algae on the tank, so she'd drained it, stripped the contents, cleaned the interior with Windolene or similar, and then refilled it and wondered why all the fish had died.

:facepalm:
 
looks like everyones very protective of their tanks lol :good:
i forgot to say the only thing wrong with what he did is move my shrimp colony i dont seem to have as many now :(
scot
 
My wife is wise enough to know not to play with certain things without supervision. Fish tanks are on the same list with power tools.
 
...do we trust our other half when it comes to fishkeeping ?
scot :)

Hmmm...when I was away from home for a week last year, I asked my OH to keep the glass clean on the tanks and wrote out how and what to feed which tank.

When I came home I had two dead fish in one tank (oh sorry I didn't notice) - not blaming him for the deaths but he didn't even remove the well rotted carcasses - and all the tanks had a layer of algae on the glass. I am in the habit of coming in from work, getting changed out of my uniform and then doing the once over of all my tanks and clean the glass with the magfloat while I check up on the fish. He hadn't done it once :lol:

He did feel bad about the fish though...the following weekend he came home with replacements for me *aw* :wub:

He was really good when I had my heart op a couple of months ago though and even told me off for sneaking downstairs when I was meant to be on strict bed rest. He heard me creeping down and just bellowed out..."the fish are fine and well fed. Get back to bed!" :/ :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top