does anyone here keep black sharks

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
This fish is crazy he hides in one of them little things that you buy at walmart I cant get him to hide anywhere else he is scraping his scales off if I take the cave from him he gets stressed out and I cant find a big one in that neon green someone tell me what I can do in this matter.

Black Sharks?????? :huh: Are you sure it's not a catfish? Maybe a Pengasius Cat. I don't know of a black shark.

The black shark Labeo chrysophekadion,FKSM do you know just how big your cute little shark is going to get? I hope you have a very big tank for it to go into.They can grow to 24" and become more and more aggresive as they grow,they also lose their attractive black colouring and turn a washed out slate grey,i have one that is 8" that i really wish i hadnt bought but dont have the heart to get rid of i will eventually donate it to a public aquarium once it has a little more size about it.
If its cave is too small for it then just remove the cave and replace it with a selection of better sized caves so that the shark can pick which one it likes best,you can remove the spare once it has settled.

I plan on buying me a nice big tank for all my sharks the shark is growing like crazy the 55 gallon will be enough for now when I take that small one out of the tank that fish gets real stressed out I have put four different caves in thier and he still hangs on to that one like a big dummy he is about seven inchs long now when I first got him he was a baby his color is starting to change now.

The black shark (labeo chrysophekadeon) is a member of the cypriniformes family and only looks like a shark, it isn't a real shark. BTW - in Asia it's considered a delicacy - makes for good eating :hyper: :hyper:

they really do look like a shark you wouldnt believe how friendly these little devils are to people and how mean they are to other fish I just fell in love with them at the lfs it came up to me and followed my finger until it won me over that is how I pick my fish when they come up to me and dont swim off then I usually take them home with me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back