The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WILDER

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Mine do, spoil them to much, there better fed then me,

I've had to edit munchies off the grocery list and haven't been out to a nice dinner in three weeks because of the tab on my Oscar Pond....

Yep :nod: . Too much.
I distantly remember somone telling me that long time ago before i just started keeping fish and saying "fish are realy cheap to keep- you don't have to take them on walks or to the vet and their food only costs like 50p!"...But what i failed to realise was the cost of all the equipment, medications, quarentine tanks, fry tanks, spare equipment, tank stands and of course the addictive side to the hobby...
Ah well :whistle: .

I think I've spend more than $1000 on my african tank.....but then again I blow $15000 on my honda civic and I only got back $6500 when I sold it....I miss my car, but i'm glad I have my tank..or else i'll go crazy...just sitting at home and going to school..... :D

I would have to say my fish are very well taken care of. I bought a 55gal. (tank,hood&stand for $400) since then I have spent another $350 decorating and stocking it with fish. Seems to me they do get spoiled....LOL

All in all, I probably have spent a $1000 dollars in fish and tanks over the past year, but who is counting.
:rofl:

Im alright now im all set up and running good, food seems to last a while. Not really anything else i splash out on.
Now that I have my first lot of successful swordtail fry, i might actually be able to make some money back by selling them to a shop.

not to pee on your parade but shops aren't likely to pay for livebearers at all, they can be bought for pennies from the suppliers so unless you have a great ammount of them (40+) there not going to be interested....trust me i work in a LFS!!

Paul_MTS said:
not to pee on your parade but shops aren't likely to pay for livebearers at all, they can be bought for pennies from the suppliers so unless you have a great ammount of them (40+) there not going to be interested....trust me i work in a LFS!!
Try exchanging them for other fish or fish stuff like ornements or put an add up in the local paper and im sure that way you'll get somthing for them :nod:

And yes my fish very spoilt too...
Everytime i go near one of the tanks my fish do their innocent swimming up and down near the glass with their "feed me with somthin nice and tasty and expensive" cute look; i suspect this is a fish art honed down over decades of fish keeping by guru leaders of fish in an effort to run our pockets dry of cash...Or maybe im just paranoid :ninja: ...

My 120 gallon probably cost me about $600-$700 and the rest of my tanks cost like probably $200 all together. Dechlor is the thing that kills me the most. :p I go through a huge bottle in like a couple weeks with all of the water changes.

My bettas are all spoiled, two are in a 10 gallon each and the other two are in a 5 gallon bowl and a 2.5 gallon tank. They get frozen food every couple of days and each one has their own favorite menu. :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back