Do You Remember Your First Ever Tank?

5teady_2012

Here to help
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
4,660
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
GB
Mine was a hexagon one, dont know the measurments but it was about 2ft tall..

I started off keeping platys and swords in it..

It was like this..

7878.jpg
 
Yeah, I remember mine. It was a 30 gallon that was given to me as a birthday present. I stuffed it full or random cichlids and catfish and still have some today! When I got more experience, I turned it into a high tech planted tank and eventually took it all down because I couldn't keep up with it. So, I replaced it with a 125. :P

DSC01898.jpg

DSC01971.jpg
 
yes, it was a 2 gal with a betta and snail.that was my first foray into fish keeping and i didn't try again for almost 10 years.i'm glad i decided to try again.
 
Yes. Technically, i had a bowl with 2 goldfish in it. But after that i got a 30g tank ( from my dads church when he worked there). I put some goldfishes in there, and then put in tropicals. Im still w/ tropicals
 
lol isnt it.. well i changed it after being on the forum for about 3 days.. you all told me how to do it without upsetting the fish.. so have to thank you all for that one :)

and i can assure you its well and truely gone now
 
my first was 35L Elite, it was a birthday present.. i got it april 12th this year and the next day put 6 fish in. i still have 1 surviving female cherry barb from it! wish i could have got it right from the start though

and its such a shame that it looked great for 3-4 weeks then i got algae and dirty gravel, it just all goes wrong :(
 
Oh gosh, well the truth is that my first ever tank was bought for me and my sis by our dad in the late 1960s when I was about 7 yrs old - it was just a little plastic tank, about 16" long - and it had 2 small goldfish in it (one each) - no filter or anything (shock-horror), just some multi-coloured gravel and a little ornamental arch.

My first tank as an adult was about 15 years ago - a 2ft glass tank (this time with a filter) in which I kept one goldfish with a few guppies. Actually, a friend had given me a goldfish in a round, glass bowl as a present - but I felt it was a bit cruel so I got the 2ft tank and told her the bowl got cracked! Still didn't have much idea of how to keep fish back then but have improved over the years, thank goodness.

Athena
 
I remember getting my forst one 17 years ago 18x12x12

On xmas day to speed the heater up I put some hot water in it from bath tap ( :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ) and it cracked causing the whole contents to leak from my bedroom through the ceiliing.

what a numpty

Got it running in the end though with a repair and got zebras pearl gouramis etc etc

That was the start of an obsession!!! lol
 
depends what you count as mine really.....

my dad had a fishtank while i was growing up and i used to help him out with it, if you count that then it was something like 3 foot x 1 x 1, stocking with never ending platies, swordies etc and no doubt planted up beautifully with elodea :rolleyes: :D

my first tank that was my own was an absolute nightmare, 20 long, white gravel with blue bits in, hideously stocked, plecs, kissing gourami's, all sorts of inappropriate fish in it. Cycled with fish then the filte rmedia was faithfully scrubbed under the tap every single week, couldn't ever work out the gravel cleaner so it didn't get cleaned for about 2 years. :blush: poor poor fishies.
 
I got my sons for his 2nd birthday. Its his sixth birthday Friday and he loves his fish
 
depends what you count as mine really.....

my dad had a fishtank while i was growing up and i used to help him out with it, if you count that then it was something like 3 foot x 1 x 1, stocking with never ending platies, swordies etc and no doubt planted up beautifully with elodea :rolleyes: :D

my first tank that was my own was an absolute nightmare, 20 long, white gravel with blue bits in, hideously stocked, plecs, kissing gourami's, all sorts of inappropriate fish in it. Cycled with fish then the filte rmedia was faithfully scrubbed under the tap every single week, couldn't ever work out the gravel cleaner so it didn't get cleaned for about 2 years. :blush: poor poor fishies.

..but they survived? yet i do everything im spose to do now and i have about 3 fish die a week
 

Most reactions

Back
Top