Do You Remember Your First Ever Tank?

i had a small goldfish bowl when I was a young kid, didnt know any better so it wasnt filtered.
 
My first fish were guppies, eight of them in a 3/4 gallon jar, water changed once a week, no filter, the whole lot lived about 2 years. I was amazed then. I still am.

My first 'real' tank I went on the advice of an LFS, 5 gallon planted stocked with 9 platies and a bristlenose. Fortunately I got flamed on a few forums (including this one) before I killed anything, realised my mistake and bought some more tanks. My parents still cannot believe their stupidity in allowing me a fish tank. I now have seven, not counting betta tanks.
 
i had a small goldfish bowl when I was a young kid, didnt know any better so it wasnt filtered.

Same here :no:

First tropical tank was a 36" x 12" x 18" had a heater and filter but i didnt cycle it. (well i did a fish in cycle without knowing!) Sadly i lost loads of the fish but glad to say i've learnt from my mistakes :nod:

This is how bad the tank looked :blush:


DSCF2173.jpg


Then just before i upgraded (loads better imo)


DSCF2378.jpg
 
Mine was a 45l clearseal tank in a hex shape. had various fish in it,neons and small tetras mostly
 
Mine was a small hexagon tank couldnt have been more than 5 gallons.. Likely purchased at walmart or something along those lines. We have some common goldfish and i used to go out to the lake in my back yard and pick up this solid black tadpoles. There were thousands.. I used to just catch them with my hands run them inside and throw them into the tank. I couldnt have been any older than 3 or 4. Otherwise after that i bought myself a 10 gallon when i was 13 which then became a 20 and the 20 became a 55... 125... Yep you guys know the deal.
 
mine was a 20 gallon tall with 2 angels, 2 rtbs, 3 dwarf gourami's, a common pleco, clown pleco, cae, white tipped shark and 2 skunk cories. the cories and the clown are still in there the rest went back to the store within a week because that's when i started doing research.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top