Do You Remember The Days When You First Got Into Bettas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just lo
Reaction score
Mine was thinking that the eggs were actually suppose to go inside the bubble, couldnt for the life of me wonder why they were stuck to the outside :hyper: and thought i had a major problem going on............. :blush: i did it was me :lol:

Mine was our first spawn and I admit I pestered Daz on the phone daily for weeks like a frantic mother hen :blush: If I'd know how crap he really was I wouldn't have bothered :p eggs inside bubbles....whatever next :lol: :lol:

LOL!!! I tried to keep bettas outside with no heaters. DUMB. I keep them INSIDE now, where it stays warm enough that they don't need heaters.
I've also been guilty of some serious overfeeding... my first, Spider, was SOOOOO fat.

Mine was our first spawn and I admit I pestered Daz on the phone daily for weeks like a frantic mother hen :blush: If I'd know how crap he really was I wouldn't have bothered :p eggs inside bubbles....whatever next :lol: :lol:
:hyper: well atleast i know how to sex them, without Andy you'll be selling multiple orders of males all for one tank :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine was sending Netty about 10 PM's because my betta had forgotten to pick up 1 egg ... :blush: new to breeding worries... lol

i have a story about bettas, i was going to keep them, and was told that they could be kept in a tiny, 12x12cm cube, unheated. i was really keen on this idea, of having a really colourful fish that i could stick on my shelf, gladly in the end i decided against the idea, and got goldfish instead, and stuck them in a tiny tank....

happy days :sick:

ANYWAY..... back on topic pls...
My only shame is that I had the newbie impatients get the better of me and got bettas before the tank was done cycling properly.

I removed a bit of spam from this topic, enjoy your betta stories!

My big issue was believing my pet shop when he said bettas could happily live in an unfiltered, unheated 5 litre "tank"... i'm pleased that I decided to go for 10 litres, but I fell for the rest *is ashamed*

Didn't take me long to come here, realise my mistake and find Kai his nice heated, filtered 30 litre home, but I still feel guilty for the 2 weeks he spent in that horrible tank :(

Oh, and in my haste I hadn't waited for the tank to cycle cos I wanted to get him out asap.

I never had a betta in bad conditions, but i was stupid enough to believe my manager when they told be that bettas couldnt be in filtered or large tanks cause the filter made them get bloat and die, so they were better off in small cubes. I feel like such an idiot now and i feel bad i know they told that to people that buy bettas, all those poor bettas X,x

When i first got a fish tank 10 yrs ago i had a community tank with 1 male 3 female and other fish i now know cant be kept with betta's. Bad i know but at least i know better now

:hyper: well atleast i know how to sex them, without Andy you'll be selling multiple orders of males all for one tank :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol.....I'm getting better though. And if sending out fish was left to Andy everyone would get the wrong one :lol:

My only niggle is a current problem that I stroke my betta, I tickle him very gently under the chin before feeding him so now everytime someone walks past he swims right to the middle shows off his finnage then swims to the top expecting to get stroked. I am just a bit worried one of my friends will be round and stroke him but do it too hard and remove some of his protective slime ofcourse I enjoy it too much to stop him from doing it.

I am ashamed to admit I was part of that 'betta in a vase' craze way back when. Luckily, I learned the truth early enough in his life that my big red VT spent the majority of his life in a nice big tank, but still! :-(

Most reactions

trending

Back