Video Do you have an airstone?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They sure do strange things compare to other fish, when I do a water change my cory like to swim up into the clean water as I pour it into the tank.
Ooohh, my guppies do that too! Some also seem to like swimming into the current if I aim the filter output spraybar so it flows towards the middle of the tank, rather than the back wall, and especially when I've just cleaned the filter and the flow is at it's strongest.

Cories are adorable. They seem so playful and fun, really want a school of panda cories when I can.

Yes, airstone is useful especially for warm water tanks.
Your fish will be more healthy.
It's like having a fan or aircon in your room during the summer.

My Mosquito Rasboras like to go near the airstone...

Last edited:
I've been looking at airstones today but I don't really know what I'm looking for?
If someone could kindly post a couple recommendations please?
Thank you

Any air stone will do. You’ll need an air pump and some tubing too. Below shows what you need. This is from EBay.
FC52872B-2472-4977-9C85-AEB4358DDA70.png

Last edited:
Those little one way valves are quite important. If they don't have an arrow on them blow through them to make sure you put them on the right way around. They stop the water from draining out of the tank if you lose power or the pump stops working.

Those little one way valves are quite important. If they don't have an arrow on them blow through them to make sure you put them on the right way around. They stop the water from draining out of the tank if you lose power or the pump stops working.
I learned the hard way by blowing up a brand new airpump :blush: I didn't know about water check valves yet.

LOL @seangee "blowing up" sounds worse than it was. It was below the water line and turned off during cleaning, then there was a loud pop, and it was broken beyond repair. Luckily it wasn't an expensive air pump, but still.

Don't want others repeating my newbie mistakes!

For the record, the airstone ive got running in the video is one of them rounder flat ones.

0705e4b2-3cdd-4278-8f1c-f0e26d210254_1.16afd08f9afae13e6a5e1a4ea31997c1.jpeg.jpg

Lots of bubbles!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back