What's new

Do shrimp eat other shrimp?

snailaquarium

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,

Today I was looking into the aquarium and found I couldn't see the yellow neocaridina shrimp, its featured on my video for those who want to see it, its a little smaller than the other amano shrimp, I cannot find its body anywhere despite the fact its only a one gallon tank. Is it possible the amano ate it?

Tez_20

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is it possible the amano ate it
I had one Ghost shrimp and added 3 Amano shrimp it was the worst thing i did they would fight with my cory for their food and i couldn't believe my eyes when they actually captured one of my otto's but by the time i got it out it was dead, as you can see from this video what they're doing with my cory food :mad:

Retired Viking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have my ghost shrimp by themselves now use to have them in with guppies. Some of the females are pretty big compared to the dwarf shrimp. I have seen them pick up small pond snails and run away with them. I tried cory wafers but they did not seem all that interested.

OP
S

snailaquarium

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I had one Ghost shrimp and added 3 Amano shrimp it was the worst thing i did they would fight with my cory for their food and i couldn't believe my eyes when they actually captured one of my otto's but by the time i got it out it was dead, as you can see from this video what they're doing with my cory food :mad:

Well I put a video on YouTube of my shrimp fighting over food but they lived OK for six weeks or so

PheonixKingZ

Fish Gatherer
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Yes, as @essjay said, shrimp will eat anything dead.

The are scavengers. They scavenge for food on a daily basis in the wild.

My shrimp don’t fight over food. I guess I just got a friendly batch, lol. :)

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days