do i have endler's, guppie's, or a hybrid

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

what are they?

• Total voters

mumphclown

Reaction score
I got a bunch of free fry and was told they were guppies. They have since grown up and they look like endler's to me. I don't know enough to tell the difference between them and wanted to know if someone could tell me. they arent the best photos if i need better ones please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    814.4 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    590.5 KB · Views: 326
They look like endlers to me though I doubt if they are pure bred.
What is your setup like?

The vast majority of endlers sold in shops are not pure endler, they are endler/guppy hybrids. Pure endlers have to be obtained from registered breeders.
Your fish do look like endlers, but the chances of them being pure endler are very small.

I agree with essjay.
I have three in my tank that are almost identical to what you have and they were sold to me as endlers (from a very reputable LFS, not a chain).
But I'm aware that there is only a tiny chance they are pure endler.

okay thank you guys I had got them from a LFS and i bought shrimp and he had netted them so he just gave them too me.

They look like endlers to me though I doubt if they are pure bred.
What is your setup like?
right now it is just a 10 gallon with two decorations i plan on setting up a different tank for them its just what i had and i didn't have another tank for them.

right now it is just a 10 gallon with two decorations i plan on setting up a different tank for them its just what i had and i didn't have another tank for them.

has their current tank been cycled properly?

okay thank you guys I had got them from a LFS and i bought shrimp and he had netted them so he just gave them too me.
oh well that was lucky!!
They get along great with shrimp, that's what I have also!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back