Do guppies have 9 lives?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Do guppies have 9 lives? Well if do, my male endler/guppy lost one and didnt know it. I do weekly water change and I scoop up the water with a clear cup and put it in a blue bucket and usually drop it down the toilet. Wella few days ago I was going my usual water change but for some strange reason instead off pouring the water in the toilet I just threw it in the tub and put the pail on the drain under the faucet to be refilled when I noticed something wiggling big time moving toward the pail and blocked drain. Without think I scooped it up and it turn out to be my endler guppy! Somehow the little brat got into my tiny cup without me noticing. I quickly moved him back to the aquarium and hes fine...Infact he acted like nothing happen an flared and harassed the females. I'm so glad he survived. He is one gorgeous fish. Note I just named him flash. Hes never in one spot long enough to get a good picture of which is a pity his markings are nice.

Attachments

• 20190925_165755.jpg
    20190925_165755.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 136
I'm not suggesting anyone try this but I once found a goldfish on my lawn that looked like he had been there for several hours (assume he was helped there by a bird and managed to wriggle free). Thought he was a goner for sure but I put him back because his gills were moving. He looked like he was just floating in the water. Next morning he was fine and is still fine about 10 years on. So its not just guppies.

I really don't want to tell this story . . . but, when I was a kid me and my best friend knew another kid in the neighborhood whose Dad had a big aquarium with a bunch of Convict Cichlids in it. We talked him into netting one out and giving it to us. We then took the poor Convict and put it in some water that had collected in the bottom of my best friends Dad's fishing boat. It was spring and that water was COLD. So then we went off to play and came back hours later to see if it was still alive. It was. My buddy had that Convict Cichlid for a couple years afterwards. Rotten little kids and a really tough fish.

That's one very lucky goldfish. I have to be really careful now since I have fry with the adults. It be a shame to lose one from my own stupidity when they are doing well.if a full endler adult can sneak into my clear cup it be easy for the fry that's about an inch if that.

When we were moving I bagged all of my fish up and started dumping the water from my tank out on the lawn. My three year old brother saw the bags of fish and wanted to help dump water out.... so he took the bag, opened it, and dumped all the fish in the bushes. I saw what happened and told him and he started crying and helped me look for them I think I found 3? Out of 6. Lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back