Do dojo loaches scream?

nic1

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi.... My daughters weather loach jumped out of her tank onto the floor, she saw it and picked it up before any damage was done (I've told her to close the lid, being a student she's typically A. forgetful or B. lazy.... She promises to do it from now on). But she called me to say when she picked him up he screamed, like a lady, which scared and shocked her, having fish tanks myself she called me to see if this was normal.... But I have never heard of this. Has she got a special vocal loach or do they actually scream?

That is so weird. I have never heard of a loach doing that.....:dunno:

maybe you had the tv or radio on at the time and there was a scream on the program. Or someone outside your window screamed. Fish don't scream.

maybe you had the tv or radio on at the time and there was a scream on the program. Or someone outside your window screamed. Fish don't scream.
That's what I said, she was adamant though, she said she nearly dropped it because it was so unexpected..... I wish I was there.... If he ever jumps again I'll ask her to film it.

I've just been gooogling it and I've read a thread called, 'talking loach' on another forum about someone's dojo loach sitting at the surface making dolphin noises :rofl::dunno:

loaches can click and croak but I haven't heard of them screaming.

I know that Red Tail Catfish croak when out of water, but it is caused by them rubbing their dorsal fins against their body’s, but that’s about it.

Hi.... My daughters weather loach jumped out of her tank onto the floor, she saw it and picked it up before any damage was done (I've told her to close the lid, being a student she's typically A. forgetful or B. lazy.... She promises to do it from now on). But she called me to say when she picked him up he screamed, like a lady, which scared and shocked her, having fish tanks myself she called me to see if this was normal.... But I have never heard of this. Has she got a special vocal loach or do they actually scream?
They are escape artists. I have had it happen but no sound from the fish...maybe I squealed a bit as he slipped out of my hand a few times and I was trying to get to him first before my German Shepard got to him but he was silent

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back