Deconstructing 250L Tropical *new Pics 7/2/10*

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

its been a while since updated my thread, the tank looks a little different now,

Java moss and vallis have really taken hold, and started shaping them

Added a shoal of 14 rummy nose tetras, and a shoal of 14 zebra danios, unfortunately lost my pearls

very much sticking to the smaller fish, theyre great to watch, heres the tank

DSC02022.jpg

wow thats amazing

thanks for the comments!

Im dosing the tank with flourish excel maybe twice a week, if that

was dosing once every 2 days in the early nstages of the java moss and vallis, but dont have to much now as theyre growing to fast!

Nightlife - if you look at the first page, youll see how the moss started life, just the case of attaching it to the wood with cotton thread. the moss at the top right has grown much better as its closer to the light. once the moss gets a little out of control, its just the case of getting a pair of scissors and trimming it how you want it, and itll grow how you want.

Thanks again Darren

HI , I think your tamk looks amazing , the pictures are awesome , looks so clean and gin clear, your fish will be very happy in there, can i just ask though , how far down is your spray bar and what direction or angle do you have the water jetting out at , just asking cos I never seem happy with the way mines is set up. Beautiful tank you have , love all the round pebbles and the moss on the wood is beautiful..... :good: :good: :good: :good:

HI , I think your tamk looks amazing , the pictures are awesome , looks so clean and gin clear, your fish will be very happy in there, can i just ask though , how far down is your spray bar and what direction or angle do you have the water jetting out at , just asking cos I never seem happy with the way mines is set up. Beautiful tank you have , love all the round pebbles and the moss on the wood is beautiful..... :good: :good: :good: :good:

thanks!

ive got the spray bar maybe 70degrees to give the ripples and aerate the tank more as i took the airpump out. Ideally i wouldnt have one and have a nozzle with a diverter pointing upwards for pure aesthetic reasons. Swapped all the heater, and piping to behind the vallis as it clogged up the rear of the tank.

the pebbles are just standard rocks you can get in bags from garden centres, totally inert aswell, so doesnt affect the water at all. Its a Rena tank and external filter. The filter is superb, only clean it out once a month and the water stats are perfect everytime i do.

Darren

Well my rena smartheater packed in a few days ago, tank water was around 19-20 degrees, was really worried that the fish and shrimp would die, ordered a new heater from Warehouse Aquatics, superb service and very fast delivery! highly recommended!

back up to its optimal 25-26 without any losses

Well my rena smartheater packed in a few days ago, tank water was around 19-20 degrees, was really worried that the fish and shrimp would die, ordered a new heater from Warehouse Aquatics, superb service and very fast delivery! highly recommended!

Wow, you got a really lovely tank that has matured very nicely good work :good: I love the moss canopy that looks truly stunning mate :D Love the Rasboras too.

Could you give us some specs please like tank size, CO2 (I am guessing non :unsure:) etc...

Olly.

Wow, you got a really lovely tank that has matured very nicely good work :good: I love the moss canopy that looks truly stunning mate :D Love the Rasboras too.

Could you give us some specs please like tank size, CO2 (I am guessing non :unsure:) etc...

Olly.

Thanks!

the tank spec is as follows...

Tank - Rena Aqualife 250 litres, XP3 filter upgrade, Rena smartheater 200w

Lighting - arcadia freshwater lamp 25w and acradia tropical 25w

Substrate - Black gravel

Decor - Large pebbles, mopani wood (i think thats right not sure lol)

Plants - Java Moss, Vallis. dosing flourish excel once every 2-3 days

Fish - 25 Harelquins, 14 Zebra Danios, 14 Rummy Nose Tetras, 15 Platinum tetras, 6 albino corys, 12-15 armano shrimp, 1 female bristlenose plec, 2 neon tetras.

Water stats - temp 26 degrees, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, ph 7.2, under 10 nitrates (plants keep this in check esp. the java moss)

Very happy tank at the moment!

Also, i notice eggs on the side of the tank, and on the spray bar, they looked quite large for the sioze of fish i have in there, can anyone suggest who may have laid them? 2mm white oval eggs, scattered around, thanks!

Darren

Hi Darren, your tank looks amazing! Can I ask what make of black gravel is in the there? I want to change what I have in mine and yours is the first type of gravel I have seen that I like the look of!

Thanks and keep up the good work :good:

Sarah

Hi Darren, your tank looks amazing! Can I ask what make of black gravel is in the there? I want to change what I have in mine and yours is the first type of gravel I have seen that I like the look of!

Thanks and keep up the good work :good:

Sarah

thanks! tbh, its not special gravel, i got it from pets at home in the bags,Petta Roma gravel i think, came in a bag like this

http://www.biorbaquariumshop.co.uk/optimised_images/image_72699.jpg

HTH #43###

im thinking of changing the entire tank to a shelldweller tank in the near future, ive achieved what i set out to do 5 months ago. I would only do this if i could recuperate some of the costs set out in buying the fish and plants tbh. At the moment its the case of trimming and maintaining. Will get an updated pic once ive sorted it out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back