Deconstructing 250L Tropical *new Pics 7/2/10*

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Awww man that is devastating! But if you do do it I want your mossy wood :D

Have to say though why not get some SA cichlids for it? Like dwarf acaras?

Awww man that is devastating! But if you do do it I want your mossy wood :D

Have to say though why not get some SA cichlids for it? Like dwarf acaras?

lol, im not so sure it would ship very well! its a large awkward piece!

ive been there with breeding kribs, angels etc, done the south american theme tank, done the asian theme
really fancy a species tank to watch the behaviour of different colonies. fancy Multis, Occys and maybe Compressiceps, maybe a rock dweller aswell (Juli). few dither fish perhaps (unsure which ones maybe a shoal dwarf neon rainbowfish), and quite a few trumpet snails to keep the tank algae under control. there'll be no plants, just a scruptiously designed rockscape, sand and shells. Hopefully itll be as interesting as the one i have now!

Well a couple of months since i posted my last pic, java moss taking over due to lack of trimming.

im looking to get rid of the moss wood in the centre, not sur what it would fetch? any ideas? there is so much god quality java moss, im tempted to trim it into sections and sell it separately. Looking forward to changin it round to a full tanganyika tank, primarily with shell dwellers! heres my last pic (hopefully)

DSC02345.jpg

thanks fo looking

Whoa, that moss is crazy! Mine looks pathetic. I might have to try the Flourish Excel.

Wow, that stuff took off like wildfire!! I read somewhere that Java Moss is really good at the bottom of the tank because it will take care of alot of the waste in the tank... I was thinking about adding some over the top of my substrate for this reason. Is it a good idea?

Best Regards,
Ssjrr family.

Wow, that stuff took off like wildfire!! I read somewhere that Java Moss is really good at the bottom of the tank because it will take care of alot of the waste in the tank... I was thinking about adding some over the top of my substrate for this reason. Is it a good idea?

Best Regards,
Ssjrr family.

i clean the tank once a month if that, everyting seems to take care of itself, the java moss odes absorb alot of the nitrates, the water stats are always superb ;)

Whoa, that moss is crazy! Mine looks pathetic. I might have to try the Flourish Excel.

if you look at the first pic in the thread, youll see how it started off and how it progressed from there! getting rid of it all for my shelldwellers though!

Ive started deconstructing my tank setup now, removing a considerable portion of the java moss, here are the pics

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

Hopefully ill be able to sell the rest, decor and fish will be going up for sale soon, collection only North East area

Cheers Darren

That is/was a beautiful set up. The moss looked awesome. My java moss is full of thread algae. Every time i try to remove the threads it just rips the moss off my rock too - how have you kept your tank so perfectly algae-free?

Here's mine:

[media]
2010-02-07001.jpg
[/media]

Awesome looking tank.....It would look a lot better if you could hide that outake bar or put a black background so it will blend into it. BTW are you using CO2 and ferts????? I know those are low light plants, but the way your moss and the vals are growing are just amazing.....

That is/was a beautiful set up. The moss looked awesome. My java moss is full of thread algae. Every time i try to remove the threads it just rips the moss off my rock too - how have you kept your tank so perfectly algae-free?

Here's mine:

[media]
2010-02-07001.jpg
[/media]

Thanks, TBH the main thing to do is to make sure your water quality is correct. I added a pocket of phos-zorb to my filter to remove the phosphates, i overdosed fourish excel initially to kill my black hair algae off and a water change a week. Now i change the water once a month 10-15%. Dose flourish once a week, and thats it, no fancy ferts or CO2. Ive also got a group of amano shrimp to clear any stubborn algae.

HTH #43###

Awesome looking tank.....It would look a lot better if you could hide that outake bar or put a black background so it will blend into it. BTW are you using CO2 and ferts????? I know those are low light plants, but the way your moss and the vals are growing are just amazing.....

Thanks again, Yeah the black background will be going on when i change the tank over, but i like the look of the clear water on the right of the tank, makes the wood stand out more! The vallis and moss took hold over the past couple of months and the growth has accelerated somehow!

#43###

Most reactions

Back