The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It is pretty clear already, which is impressive! I am replacing two tanks and the other one has ADA La Plata that I had some leftover, and it is not nearly as clear yet.

Birch bark tea sounds delicious...
It is pretty yummy! A dear friend brought it for me from Minnesota when she went home for a visit. ?

This is the one I have:
1616859698632.png

What brand is it....available online?

I just discovered the Tazo brand of Earl Gray, it is awesome, no more Twinings for me...

This one came from Birchwood Cafe in Minneapolis.
I am trying to find the yellow birch bark but that is proving to be more elusive, apparently found only in New England. I will keep searching.
@Slaphppy7 We have a local purveyor that sells online if you'd like to check them out here. Tazo used to be good until Starbucks bought them.

Thanks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.......I'm supporting StarClucks???

I could have done w/out that info, lol

This is the one I have:
Ah Birchwood Cafe! I know them. They have an amazing key lime pie!

They won't have yellow birchbark tea there. Not sure with everything else in that tea you'll taste much of the birch bark anyhow. My experience from a friend who makes his own is it is a pretty subtle flavor. Your's is almost certainly from paper birch. Even the yellow is pretty subtle. Looks tasty regardless!

Ah Birchwood Cafe! I know them. They have an amazing key lime pie!
That waffle picture on their website looks absolutely decadent! And coming from someone who does not bother with breakfast, well...

They won't have yellow birchbark tea there.
No, and I am having a hard time finding it anywhere. May have to enlist someone to go foraging for it in New England. ;) Now I have to just find a way to convince her :rolleyes:

It all started with a shrimp I needed as a model to draw from. Then the shrimp needed friends. But there was also this snail...

Then I learned that the 1.5 gal. flower vase was too small. Then I learned that I needed a heater, and plants.

Then my plant grew, and grew, and grew... so I got another pot. But then the plants were lonely, so I got more shrimp and another snail, with heater.

Then this pot became too small, so I got a tank.

Then the shrimp had babies, and trying to be a good grandmama I got a filter.

Then I had too many plants again, so I got another tank, with heater and filter. And another snail.

Then I got a fish, a sparkling gourami named Ojitos.

Then my partner in crime (a.k.a. husband) was taken by how cute puffers are, so we got Nicodemus, a pea puffer from the LFS. But then our other LFS also got a pea puffer, so we brought Miss Ethel home. Of course, they each needed their own tank so they wouldn't kill each other. And Ojitos had to be kept safe as well.

Then my partner in crime wanted an albino corydora, so we brought Archibald Spooner home, only to learn he needed friends. And that is how OneFish and TwoFish joined in the party.

But they needed a quarantine tank. I had not learned the trick from @NCaquatics about plastic totes.

After they were moved to the tank, the QT was empty and lonely, so I put plants and got Iji, a goofball kuhli loach. But Iji needed friends as well, so then came Pad and Thai to complete the noodle entourage.

Now they all have moved around to the tank that best suits their needs.

Dear diary, I need therapy. I am afraid I have an acute case of MTS. Lucky for me, there are no more outlets in the house! And that was 2020 in a very positive light, in spite of the drama around me, and my health has improved after a heart attack and two strokes.

Thank you all in TFF for making the world a better place, one fish, shrimp, snail, plant at a time.

View attachment 125563View attachment 125564
How beautiful! You're a gifted writer as well, I'm happy for your health and your tank friends ?

tanks look brill all in that one row, i would love to have that may tanks but OH monitor the coming and goings of glass boxes lol

you must have extra plugs around the house that can stand powering a water mover :)

glad your health is improving and long may that continue

tanks look brill all in that one row, i would love to have that may tanks but OH monitor the coming and goings of glass boxes lol
Ahh, yes, that surveillance can be difficult to bypass. ;)

you must have extra plugs around the house that can stand powering a water mover :)
Officially out of outlets. Those tanks are being fed by the only two outlets in that area.

glad your health is improving and long may that continue
Thanks! So far so good, made it to another birthday, yay! :cool:

Most reactions

trending

Back