The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I need to show that first picture to Sir Niblet and see if we can arrange a meeting. She is ever so graceful. ♡

And I spotted this little one in another tank today! About 2mm long!
1614295404346.png

How is Niblit doing? I have not seen updates on him! ;)
I've been scarce on the forum lately...

Perhaps I should send your lovely young charge the write-up on Sir Niblet and his estate, along with some photos? They might begin a correspondence. I believe the Sire may be ready to engage, if you recall he was long time mourning his beloved...
If you agree I shall start a separate thread where they may get acquainted.

Is that a blue Pinnochio?
There is a Pinocchio male in the tank, but I do not think they can breed with Neocaridina daviidi. Also, the rostrum is quite short to be related to a Pinocchio. I think it may be the offspring of a wild type and a Deep Blue Neo. I am keeping watch to see if more show up. I seem to be very good at "extracting" them during water changes. :(

I've been scarce on the forum lately...

Perhaps I should send your lovely young charge the write-up on Sir Niblet and his estate, along with some photos? They might begin a correspondence. I believe the Sire may be ready to engage, if you recall he was long time mourning his beloved...
If you agree I shall start a separate thread where they may get acquainted.
I believe Miss Ethel may be ready for an adventure in a far, far away land! ?

Just returned from a ten day trip to a few casualties. Two Amanos were found dead and dry outside their tanks (I suspect they were hiding in the Hornwort I took out when I did the tank cleaning before departing), about 12 CRS missing with only two bodies accounted for, and the best part, a leaky tank!

I will be moving everyone into a tote until I can get either a new tank or repair the damaged one. It is exactly one year old. :confused: Yikes!

Other than that, Morocco (Betta) ate half his tail but was in a good mood and happy to get bloodworms, Miss Ethel (pea puffer) as flirty as always, Nicodemus (pea puffer) did away with all the snails I left in the tank. The noodles, albino corydoras and Ojitos are all good. New baby cherry shrimp in one tank (counted five so far, and they are so teeny!)

It is good to be home! :)

@eatyourpeas I will be leaving here in a couple of days for a job way upstate about 10 hours from where I live. I will be gone for about a week. So I will be in the same boat as you. I have automatic feeders on my aquariums. Bonnie Kittie will have to stay in the house and she is pregnant with kittens. I will have to put out a bag of cat food and have a good clean litter box for her to use. I will probably come home to kittens, yeah. Rosco and Saydie will have to live in the backyard, it's fenced in, while I am away. I have made them a doggy door into the garage where I will have their food, water, and beds. They are both used to sleeping in the house at night, so they will have to get used to sleeping in the garage until I return.
I have asked two neighbors to check up on my dogs every few days, so I hope it all goes ok. They can call me if there are any problems.

Welcome back! Hope you had a good trip, but sorry to hear of the disasters!

You should find out what happened to cause a leak in that tank, then get onto the manufacterer about it. Maybe they'll replace it if there's a fault.

Welcome back! Hope you had a good trip, but sorry to hear of the disasters!

You should find out what happened to cause a leak in that tank, then get onto the manufacterer about it. Maybe they'll replace it if there's a fault.
I don't think it is worth the hassle. It is a five gallon tank and chasing after people is not my idea of fun. On the positive side, I can use fixing this tank as practice to get ready for when I make the acrylic one for the saltwater biotope. ;) Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

@eatyourpeas I will be leaving here in a couple of days for a job way upstate about 10 hours from where I live. I will be gone for about a week. So I will be in the same boat as you. I have automatic feeders on my aquariums. Bonnie Kittie will have to stay in the house and she is pregnant with kittens. I will have to put out a bag of cat food and have a good clean litter box for her to use. I will probably come home to kittens, yeah. Rosco and Saydie will have to live in the backyard, it's fenced in, while I am away. I have made them a doggy door into the garage where I will have their food, water, and beds. They are both used to sleeping in the house at night, so they will have to get used to sleeping in the garage until I return.
I have asked two neighbors to check up on my dogs every few days, so I hope it all goes ok. They can call me if there are any problems.
It is like leaving the kids alone when going on a date!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back