FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eatyourpeas

Fish Herder
Reaction score
It all started with a shrimp I needed as a model to draw from. Then the shrimp needed friends. But there was also this snail...

Then I learned that the 1.5 gal. flower vase was too small. Then I learned that I needed a heater, and plants.

Then my plant grew, and grew, and grew... so I got another pot. But then the plants were lonely, so I got more shrimp and another snail, with heater.

Then this pot became too small, so I got a tank.

Then the shrimp had babies, and trying to be a good grandmama I got a filter.

Then I had too many plants again, so I got another tank, with heater and filter. And another snail.

Then I got a fish, a sparkling gourami named Ojitos.

Then my partner in crime (a.k.a. husband) was taken by how cute puffers are, so we got Nicodemus, a pea puffer from the LFS. But then our other LFS also got a pea puffer, so we brought Miss Ethel home. Of course, they each needed their own tank so they wouldn't kill each other. And Ojitos had to be kept safe as well.

Then my partner in crime wanted an albino corydora, so we brought Archibald Spooner home, only to learn he needed friends. And that is how OneFish and TwoFish joined in the party.

But they needed a quarantine tank. I had not learned the trick from @NCaquatics about plastic totes.

After they were moved to the tank, the QT was empty and lonely, so I put plants and got Iji, a goofball kuhli loach. But Iji needed friends as well, so then came Pad and Thai to complete the noodle entourage.

Now they all have moved around to the tank that best suits their needs.

Dear diary, I need therapy. I am afraid I have an acute case of MTS. Lucky for me, there are no more outlets in the house! And that was 2020 in a very positive light, in spite of the drama around me, and my health has improved after a heart attack and two strokes.

Thank you all in TFF for making the world a better place, one fish, shrimp, snail, plant at a time.

MissEthel.jpg

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwwwhhhhhhh mmaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn. Looking good!
Hehehe.
Now that’s what I’m hoping to achieve by stealth. IE three identical species tanks butting up to each other with heavy planting where they meet to complete an illusion of one long tank.
No tanks in this house last March. Six now. Only two with fish at the moment. One of which belongs to MrsLurch! One more to start silent cycling on NYD.
Good work and stay safe.

Hehehe.
Now that’s what I’m hoping to achieve by stealth. IE three identical species tanks butting up to each other with heavy planting where they meet to complete an illusion of one long tank.
No tanks in this house last March. Six now. Only two with fish at the moment. One of which belongs to MrsLurch! One more to start silent cycling on NYD.
Good work and stay safe.
I can't wait to see yours! Please post when ready!

In future I’m thinking of three tanks making up 72” in whatever combi suits best as atm I’m intending them to be species only. Hopefully to encourage breeding. Early days yet.

120L in use at the moment.
40L cycling soon.
Mrs Lurch has a 30L in use also.
I’ve just broke down a 25L QT tank.
23L and 16L empty in the shed. To be used in future as breeding/hatching/grow outs once MrsLurch agrees. Her enthusiasm for our first eggs earlier this week has to be a good sign.
Raise a glass to MTS syndrome.

In future I’m thinking of three tanks making up 72” in whatever combi suits best as atm I’m intending them to be species only. Hopefully to encourage breeding. Early days yet.

120L in use at the moment.
40L cycling soon.
Mrs Lurch has a 30L in use also.
I’ve just broke down a 25L QT tank.
23L and 16L empty in the shed. To be used in future as breeding/hatching/grow outs once MrsLurch agrees. Her enthusiasm for our first eggs earlier this week has to be a good sign.
Raise a glass to MTS syndrome.
Cheers!

Get those tanks entered in the Tank of the Month contests. That's an order!

Jan TOTM - tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons
Feb TOTM - tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger
March TOTM - tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller

It all started with a shrimp I needed as a model to draw from. Then the shrimp needed friends. But there was also this snail...

Then I learned that the 1.5 gal. flower vase was too small. Then I learned that I needed a heater, and plants.

Then my plant grew, and grew, and grew... so I got another pot. But then the plants were lonely, so I got more shrimp and another snail, with heater.

Then this pot became too small, so I got a tank.

Then the shrimp had babies, and trying to be a good grandmama I got a filter.

Then I had too many plants again, so I got another tank, with heater and filter. And another snail.

Then I got a fish, a sparkling gourami named Ojitos.

Then my partner in crime (a.k.a. husband) was taken by how cute puffers are, so we got Nicodemus, a pea puffer from the LFS. But then our other LFS also got a pea puffer, so we brought Miss Ethel home. Of course, they each needed their own tank so they wouldn't kill each other. And Ojitos had to be kept safe as well.

Then my partner in crime wanted an albino corydora, so we brought Archibald Spooner home, only to learn he needed friends. And that is how OneFish and TwoFish joined in the party.

But they needed a quarantine tank. I had not learned the trick from @NCaquatics about plastic totes.

After they were moved to the tank, the QT was empty and lonely, so I put plants and got Iji, a goofball kuhli loach. But Iji needed friends as well, so then came Pad and Thai to complete the noodle entourage.

Now they all have moved around to the tank that best suits their needs.

Dear diary, I need therapy. I am afraid I have an acute case of MTS. Lucky for me, there are no more outlets in the house! And that was 2020 in a very positive light, in spite of the drama around me, and my health has improved after a heart attack and two strokes.

Thank you all in TFF for making the world a better place, one fish, shrimp, snail, plant at a time.

View attachment 125563View attachment 125564
Have you checked your power bill yet...LOL

Hehehe.
Good work and stay safe.
If you have established tanks, just use some of the filter media/ material from an established tank and put it in the new filter on the new tank. Instant cycled tank.

That was a very accurate description.of.how this addiction happens.

You start off innocently enough, with a modest tank. Then you find you like some other things that may not work out, so you get a second, usually larger tank. Well, then things go as they do and.you wind uo with another tank. Sometimes, someone donates a tank they no longer need, and you figure, why not? So you now have 4 tanks. Then you see that special critter, you just fall for, so you research needs, and usually wind up with another tank.

Before you know it, you have a "tank room". Then you designate your "show tank", which is in the community room of the palace, that everyone enjoys whilst conversing. Then.there are the "modest accomodations" you have in the tank room. You share these on occasion. Then there are the personal favorites. Them tanks that.you lul yourself to sleep, watching them special fish swimming in the blue lights, and.that waterfall filter for the fountain effect......these are your tanks, and a very select list of others to see......

And before you know it, you have inspired someone else to start their aquatic adventures. You become "tech support", and happily help them along their way.

And this is just the freshwater adventure.....

Then one day...you wake up and realize, you do love what you have created, but now crave an even more exotic, fulfilling adventure. This is when you set up that marine tank. You get into the colors, and.even.broader expanse of critters. Then you learn about corals, and now you need another tank, because your initial set of critters ain't exactly coral friendly, as they like to munch.crunch, so now you have 10 tanks, and.your water bill is.astronomical, but, you never worry about the humidity in the house dropping when it comes time to fire up the furnace (for us cold.weather folk).

It is very much an.addiction.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back