Curiosity Decided To Hatch Some Frog Spawn

Haha, I'm currently working on toads, got 21 eggs that hatched the other day. Isn't it just awesome to watch?!

And yeah, I noticed how they just sort of pop out and lay at the bottom for a while before getting up and going too. Good luck, and thanks for the pics.

Just got back from a fun filled trip to Plymouth...then Newquay, then back to Plymouth, then to Newquay and then back to Sheffield. I thankfully wasn't driving as we took my boyfreinds mums volvo but OMG I'm shattered!
New pictures/video will be available in the morning. I went and took about half the tadpoles and all remaining frogspawn to the nearby pond. I was tempted to take pictures of all the frogspawn there...a 10m x 10m corner is basically brimming with the stuff. :crazy:

Anyways, the current tadpoles have practically doubled in size in the time I've been gone and are loving their fish food/algae wafers. Can't wait to get some closeups.

Keep an eye out for any white (albino) tadpoles, in a bunch like that sometimes you might get lucky and find one.

Just updated with yesterdays pictures. I'll take some more tonight if I can get a really nice clear picture but not alot has changed other than they got bigger, lost their gills and have started to show patterns.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back