Cucumber And Peas?

Stephanie87

Reaction score
Hi!!

Im new to keeping gouramis, and I've been feeding mine 'love fish- tropical flakes' My link
I've read that some people feed their gouramis peas and cucumber. Is this just normal fresh peas and cucumber from a grocery store, or have I misunderstood??

thanks
steph x

yep, just standard ones you would eat yourself.

To prep the peas you will need to take the shell off each individual pea, then depending on the size of he gourami, crush/mash them up a little bit so that they are small enough pieces for them to swallow.

not sure if gourami's would nibble on cucumber though???

My two kissing gouramis loved the cucumber and scoffed it before the plecos got some!

Yeah mine eat cucumber. I cut 2 slices and poke the handle of a spoon through it then put it on the bottom of the tank. Every species I have has a nibble.

Every fish I have ever stocked has had a good old nibble on some cucumber! :lol:

It's funny isn't it, mine turn their noses up at cucumber but love peas. They have them once a week(ish)!

Peas are harder to prepare than cucumber. With cucumber, you just throw a nice large piece in and let them nibble :hyper:

I find that with common Gouramis such as Pearls, Honeys, Moonlights, Opaline... they eat anything you throw at them.

With the rarer delicate species, they only eat the most expensive foods such as live foods... :crazy: and they will starve to death if not fed live foods.

Silly fish! :lol:

But I suppose a hunger strike is the only way of getting what you want :shifty:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back