Crowntail Duo

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
That's awesome. Sorry about the snail though.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Thanks. c:
Pennywort has almost completely melted, but the Amazon Sword is growing new leaves with the addition of root tabs. The crypts never melted, as well, hopefully they'll keep it up.
Ronan's growth suddenly grew overnight, it's larger than a pinhead now. He's visibly struggling with swimming but I don't think it would be humane to euthanize him yet.

Has he got a floating plant he can rest on?

He does, I put a couple large Anubias in his side to float. He seems to be favouring the bottom of the tank this morning.

It seems like he has good days and bad days, as far as mobility goes.
Here's the tank:
tumblr_ozjab7B5aR1w9al5uo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ozdu04PKpr1w9al5uo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ozbyjz6vko1w9al5uo1_540.jpg

The 20 gallon will be receiving the 55 gallon's Aponogeton soon.

I forgot!
Pinball, the nerite snail. He's currently in the mercy space, munching on all the algae I neglected to clean off :p
tumblr_inline_oz7lui2KcY1uj0m3c_1280.jpg

I can't take credit for it, someone on a different website offered a few names c:

On Monday, my cat gave birth, abandoned her kittens, then accepted them again this morning, so I'm running on many tiny increments of sleep. Apologies if I'm barely legible :p
I'm considering putting Ronan down. A lot of his day is spent lying on the sand, just breathing. He has good days, as I said, but I'm not sure of the ethics of keeping a fish alive, in pain, waiting for the next good day to justify it.
I haven't seen any ghost shrimp. Magnus did look suspiciously round on day...
Due to said kittens, I'm a bit behind on water changes, and the Aponogeton hasn't been moved. I need to do that sooner than later, so I should have pictures soon.

Today's the day.
I was doing some research, looking at valid reasons for and against pet euthanasia, and two valid ones that applied to Ronan were “the animal is suffering from a terminal illness that medical or surgical therapy can no longer relieve or help” and “the pet has a severe, chronic disease where death from the disease itself is unlikely, but drugs are no longer helping the pet with its pain or mobility”.
The article talked about quality of life. Ronan was mostly resting on the substrate, rarely, if ever getting up to swim like Magnus does. He paled out, showed stress stripes, lost weight, and struggled to swim correctly. He was nowhere near where he used to be, as far as life and vigor goes.
Here's some pictures. I'm going to do a water change, and siphon heavily on his side of the tank before letting Magnus have the full aquarium.
tumblr_inline_oztzfcwi7U1uj0m3c_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_oztymeQbu21uj0m3c_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_oztxzjQ8dz1uj0m3c_1280.jpg

I’m sad I had him for such a short time, and that most of his life was in an inadequate habitat. At least he’s not in pain anymore.
He'll be buried in my garden.

Hi
So sorry to hear that but you did what you had to do.

RIP Ronan

Some stuff has come up, I'm not sure if I'll be able to take pictures of the aquariums for a while. I'll update if I can.

I will be able to update, but I need to catch up on water changes before I do. The holiday season really messed up my schedule, but I'm going to try to get back into it asap

FTS, had an algae breakout that hurt the Anubias, but I think all's well now. That sponge filter in the front is just there to grow bacteria:
tumblr_p34r82qmPH1w9al5uo1_540.jpg

Dancing boy:
tumblr_p34r47cnop1w9al5uo1_540.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back