Crazy cory?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dorkhedeos

Boss Major
Reaction score
Is putting a bronze cory with ghost shrimp ok? my cory is also swims like crazy once in a while, it goes around and goes up the side of the tank, then goes back down and goes back up, then it goes around in circles. whats wrong?

I've got corys that do that, usually first thing in the morning when the light goes on, other times for no apparent reason. They seem healthy & happy, I guess that they are just playing around.

Tolak

Dorkhedeos said:
Is putting a bronze cory with ghost shrimp OK? my cory is also swims like crazy once in a while, it goes around and goes up the side of the tank, then goes back down and goes back up, then it goes around in circles. whats wrong?
Hi Dorkhedeos :)

I don't know very much about shrimp, but I did have some kind of shrimp in my tank for a while and the cory ignored it. Corys rarely pose a problem in the tank.

Your cory's behavior is entirely normal. It is just being playful. :kana:

I raise corys and have whole shoals of them acting like that. It's a beautiful thing to see! :D

If you only have one cory, though, I strongly suggest you get a couple more to keep him company. Since they are schooling fish, they are used to and expect to have companions. They tend to be more timid and shy when alone.

When it comes to corys, the more, the better! :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back