Crayfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tony2099

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
 Im going to save up to get some fish online. I di get Crayfish befo but they all die on me. What can  I do get them happy and liveing.

Thank You for any help.

Tony2099 said:
 Im going to save up to get some fish online. I di get Crayfish befo but they all die on me. What can  I do get them happy and liveing.

Thank You for any help.

Your water parameters could have been the culprit. Should make sure your parameters are in check and meet those suggested for the species you have.
Other than that, make sure you're tank is well oxygenated, meet their dietary needs, and regular water changes.

What kind of crayfish did you keep? I currently have 1 marmorkreb, waiting for her to mature and clone me an army :D

Im going to save up to get some fish online. I di get Crayfish befo but they all die on me. What can I do get them happy and liveing.

Thank You for any help.
Really depends on the Cray you get.
most USA cray are happy in a 10 usg tank. Australian Cray are better in a 20usg tank. only the Australian varieties are tropical so us cray need no heating.

a cycled tank is fine, but they can live in unfiltered tanks with a total water change every week.
a ph of around 7 is ok.
substrate can be anything. they all need lots of places to hide, and are really best suited to species only tanks.
remember if you get us cray that all carry the Crayfish plague so take care with your waste water.

steer clear of the Marble Cray. its a human hybrid riddled with plague. and about as natural as plastic fruit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back