Could You Spare Some Tips For My Plants?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishywishy333

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought some new plants but I don't really know much about them. This is what I bought; Anubias barteri var. nana, Eleocharis parvula and Bacopa caroliniana. Would you mind giving me some tips on how to plant, how to maintain, ect. Any tips would help. 
yes.gif

They are Tropica plants so the Anubias is pot 101, the Eleocharis is pot 132c and the Bacopa is pot 043. I also have some Cabomba plants (not sure what type excactly) and if you have any tips on them that would be very helpful. Any links for websites or YouTube videos are good too.
good.gif

Hope youncan help me and thank you in advance 
smile.png

Well, I know nothing about plants, but I figured I'd come look and see if I could give a tip or two. I know lighting and co2 never hurts plants :0 hopefully someone will come with better answers

ALSO,

Dustinsfishtanks on youtube has hundreds of videos on planted tanks, I'm positive they're will be an answer for you on there. GOOD LUCK

Thanks, at least you gave me an answer with some good info 
biggrin.png

Anubias need to be attached to something leaving the roots above the substrate.  They are great for attaching to wood and rocks.  The others are stem plants and you just stick the end in the substrate where you want them.  Liquid ferts and medium to high lighting and you are set.  :)

planting wise(literally just replanted my tank pictures will be up later
tongue2.gif
) what i find easiest is to use tweezers especially with stem plants, just pinch the base of the stem with the tweezers and push through the gravel and then let the plant go and wallahh you've planted it several inches under the gravel/sand without having to dig a hole.

if that doesn't make sense let me know and ill explain with pictures as its probably easier   

i also ended up buying some anubias today too

Most reactions

trending

Back