Corys Great At Cleaning The Sand

Rediahs

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
727
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Just wanted to comment and say that, when I got my sterbai corys, I didn't know I was getting a deal on tank maintenence!! These little buggers, aside from being crazy active and shoaling very cutely, spend most of their time CLEANING my sand!! Before my sand was an eyesore, I couldn't manage to clean it very well even with my siphon.... sand was always dirty especially around the base of (fake) plants.

But these corys work a wonderful job!! My sand is pure black now. I forgot it was this colour. :shout: So lovely. What a great deal, the catfish also clean for me and they're BETTER at it than me.

Maybe this is obvious to some other people but as a new fishkeeper I had no idea they did such a good job. I only bought them to be cute, but they're hardworking too!

I love corys so much :hyper: I had no idea they were so cute and fantastic.

Watching them makes me so happy after the day I had, with a leaking tank (see my other thread I made today) and had to go to work...
 
Hehe :D

they are superb fishes; I'm changing to sand INS wee or two so they can have more fun in the sand lol. They are really good and are alwys so hyper.

Bagu (:
 
Would some sterbai corys fit in with what i already had.

2 Golden Algae eaters
1 Red Spotted Severum
2 Geophagus
6 Odessa Barb's
5 Silver Hatchet
3 Silver Dollars
5 Platys
5-10 Apple Snails
 
Great little acitve fish aren't they? I wish they would be comfy in a hard pH of like 8.5. I can't wait to set up my shellie aquarium.
 
I had the same reaction too, once i bought 2 diamond sharks that dirtyed the sand soooooo much. Then i exchanged them for 5 cories that I only thought they would be like my lazy plec that i had but had to get rid of it coz i used to have an overstocked tank, as soon as they got into the tank they went straight to the sand and started cleanin' cute and do the dirty work :wub: :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top