What's new

Corydora seems like it got hurt scales , please help

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

jclv

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Can anyone help me here please.
Today i noticed that after, a bit more than a year, and everything has been fine, one of my Corys have something on the side, almost like if he scratched with something or crashed with something and got hurt. But im not sure how something like this could have happened. Or i am not sure if it could be something else maybe?? a fungus? but it doesnt looks like that. more like a scrap or something he hurt himself. my question is,
what should i do about it? should i take him to a hospital tank and treat him with something? or should i just keep him there?? will the scales heal themselves and grow again? anyone knows? is he exposed to be attacked by bacterias or parasites? i dont knwo. your help will be greatly appreciated. here are some pictures i could shot at him.
It is worth to mention that my gravel does not contain any sharp rocks or stones at all. All of them are small and round.

IMG_20210113_134749.jpg

IMG_20210113_134559.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Can anyone help me here please.
Today i noticed that after, a bit more than a year, and everything has been fine, one of my Corys have something on the side, almost like if he scratched with something or crashed with something and got hurt. But im not sure how something like this could have happened. Or i am not sure if it could be something else maybe?? a fungus? but it doesnt looks like that. more like a scrap or something he hurt himself. my question is,
what should i do about it? should i take him to a hospital tank and treat him with something? or should i just keep him there?? will the scales heal themselves and grow again? anyone knows? is he exposed to be attacked by bacterias or parasites? i dont knwo. your help will be greatly appreciated. here are some pictures i could shot at him.
It is worth to mention that my gravel does not contain any sharp rocks or stones at all. All of them are small and round.

View attachment 126676

View attachment 126675
maybe heater burn. or it got attacked by his friend

Thanks for your feedback. In fact I do not have a heater installed at all, since temperature where I live is just the perfect one for them
On the other hand, in my tank there is only Platys and Corys, so it is very hard that other fish hurt him, since he is the biggest one in the tank and no one messes with him lol

Thanks for your feedback. In fact I do not have a heater installed at all, since temperature where I live is just the perfect one for them
On the other hand, in my tank there is only Platys and Corys, so it is very hard that other fish hurt him, since he is the biggest one in the tank and no one messes with him lol
look around the tank if there are any sharp rocks flip rthem around

keep an eye on it for signs of infection, it does possibly look like an injury of some sort or maybe infected already, it looks quite a size that.
But its difficult to say for sure going off the pic

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back