Corycat Fins Gone?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ammer

Reaction score
:X You know, I'm beginning to hate fish. I've labeled myself a fish killer, because so many seem to die. I just cant keep a good tank. I dont know why, I just cant.

Now, another problem. I recently added fish to my tank, and I bought two small albino corycats to keep my older, single one company. Now, I doubt its these cories, but now my older one is missing both of his side fins. and the top of his tail. and I saw one of the smaller ones with its right fin missing.

I imagine it may possibly be an aggressive fish nipping these poor souls, but I've watched the tank and they dont seem to act aggressive when I'm watching. No nipping or anything. None of my actual swimmer fish have been getting nipped, just the cories.

Any ideas?

I think it might be the kissing Gourami. My LFS suggested it but I have a small lack of knowledge on him. I know they might be aggressive but he's seeming to do just fine with all the fish. [A platy, some neons, some tetras.]

Could you give us the size of your tank and a list of the fish you keep in it? Oh, and your water stats (ammonia and nitrites) would help since you seem to have an ongoing problem. What is the state of the corys' barbels?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back