cory eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I was putting in some Hikari First bites for the first time for the 3 day old fry today and as the rest were eating I noticed one who looks kind of like a bubble. The best way to describe it is that it looks like a cory egg with a tail and 2 little red eyes. He doesn't look like the rest of the fry but kind of like a swimming egg. All of the others I watched closely and they were eating little specks of food but this one was hiding behind a dried leaf in my tank and not swimming and eating like the rest. He swims very wobbly. Is there something I can do to help him?
The cory baby I talked about in this post is still alive but still looks like a little bubble. I know he's eating because I can see his stomach is full of Hikari First Bites. Is it possible it is still the egg sack? I can't get a good picture of him so I attached a picture of a Goldfish that looks like him if you change it to the form of a cory fry. I'm not sure what is wrong with him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200618-143204.png
    Screenshot_20200618-143204.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
The cory baby I talked about in this post is still alive but still looks like a little bubble. I know he's eating because I can see his stomach is full of Hikari First Bites. Is it possible it is still the egg sack? I can't get a good picture of him so I attached a picture of a Goldfish that looks like him if you change it to the form of a cory fry. I'm not sure what is wrong with him.
Does it look like dropsy?

Update:
All the fry are doing amazing! They've gotten much bigger since they hatched.
3 days ago my cories spawned again and I collected 36 eggs. Today 24 of them hatched!
The cory fry with the bulge on his stomach is looking better, as the bulge has shrunken significantly. The cory fry with the bent spine is also doing really well and growing each day!
Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me with these cories!

There are still a few eggs left to hatch and I was going through them and picking any eggs with fungus out with tweezers but when I got to one of the eggs with fungus, I gently pulled it out of my tank with tweezers and a worm swam out of the egg! It started quickly moving towards the healthy eggs so I grabbed it out with the tweezers. It was a white worm that had no unusual shapes. It did not look like Planaria but like a detrius worm. Could this be harmful to the unhatched eggs or newly hatched fry?

The fry are doing very well! They eat Hikari first bites, crushed flake food, crushed fluval bug bites, and I saw some cyclops in their tank! I have no idea how the cyclops got there but I looked at pictures online and they are definitely cyclops. I noticed today that one of the cories has grown much larger than all the others:wub:. I also noticed one of the cories kept swimming to the top and ate floating bits of Hikari First Bites from the top of my tank instead of the first bites at the bottom of the tank. Is that normal or should I be concerned about that?

I will post pictures of the fry tomorrow if I can get any good photos.

The fry are doing very well! They eat Hikari first bites, crushed flake food, crushed fluval bug bites, and I saw some cyclops in their tank! I have no idea how the cyclops got there but I looked at pictures online and they are definitely cyclops. I noticed today that one of the cories has grown much larger than all the others:wub:. I also noticed one of the cories kept swimming to the top and ate floating bits of Hikari First Bites from the top of my tank instead of the first bites at the bottom of the tank. Is that normal or should I be concerned about that?

I will post pictures of the fry tomorrow if I can get any good photos.
Wouldn't be concerned as long as his tummy is full.

I got one who hunts along the glass of the tank all the time. He picks at the biofilm and any cyclops he can catch on the glass

One of the fry is a little over 3/4 inch long now. He has been eating full pieces of fluval bug bites and he's started eating small amounts of Tetra shrimp wafer. He is exactly one month old tomorrow. I would like to keep him in my 29 gallon with cories, upside down catfish, and livebearers. When would I be able to put him in my 29 gallon tank? Thanks in advance

Love to see some pictures of them, I tryed to take some pictures of my platy fry to share but only blurred orange dots showed up.

If he can compete with the older cories and not be eaten by the other fish, you may be able to move him, but also could be good to let him keep growing with the rest

I will let him grow for another month before moving him. Now I just have to name him.

Here are 2 pictures that kind of turned out alright.

Attachments

• Polish_20200710_151427583.jpg
    Polish_20200710_151427583.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 85
  • Polish_20200710_151320445.jpg
    Polish_20200710_151320445.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 71

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back