cory eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It looks like that but a little bigger. He looked like this since he hatched 3 days ago and I thought it was the yolk sac but all of them hatched the same day and none except him look like that.

Is the egg sac stuck on him?

Even if he is this size, all you can do is watch and let nature take its course as theyre so small there really isn't much of anything you can do.

How often are you changing the water, and how much? Siblings can stunt each other, which is why its vital to change the water daily on fry tanks.

I'm not sure if the egg sac is stuck on him but he looks like a tiny bubble
I've been doing daily 25% water changes with a turkey baster but once they get bigger I plan to do larger water changes.

I will start doing 50-60% changes but if it is the egg sac on him is there anything I can do to help him?
Just hope he gets it off himself. I had 10 fry that didnt get it off for days and unfortunately those ones didnt make it, but if he gets it off early he might... its hard to say. But theyre so small youd risk seriously injuring it if you tried to remove it yourself.

Congrats and good luck!

What is the best way to clean their tank? I've been using a turkey baster but it's kind of hard not to get one of the cories in the turkey baster. I haven't had that happen yet but I've come close to it.

My local club suggested keeping them in a cup or smaller container, perforated with holes inside of the tank they are in.

Siphon out the water from the tank on the outside of the container.

I was watching the cories eat last night and one of them swam out from under some java moss and he has a really badly bent spine. It dips in the middle of his back at a sharp angle in the shape of a "V". He's eating and acting normaly right now but can he survive to an adult? If he does I will keep him instead of giving him to my LFS as he most likely won't be sold.

If you can get a culture of Microworms the little cories really love them and then move onto baby brine shrimp in another week or two. This really seems to kick start growth over the hikari first bites.

Also if you can get some catappa/bananna or any other of the leaves as noted in previous posts then I would do so. Not only do they act as a food source but they release some low level tannins and also give the fish an area to hide which makes them feel comfortable.

I was watching the cories eat last night and one of them swam out from under some java moss and he has a really badly bent spine. It dips in the middle of his back at a sharp angle in the shape of a "V". He's eating and acting normaly right now but can he survive to an adult? If he does I will keep him instead of giving him to my LFS as he most likely won't be sold.
Is there much of a chance that the cory with the bent spine will make it to an adult?

Theres always a chance. If he does survive, you can keep him, but id figure out his gender once mature and keep him in a group in a tank just that gender to prevent him from breeding potentially

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back