cory eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How do I tell if the eggs have fungus? I see a few with white dots in the center of the egg but I'm not sure if it's fungus or the baby cory inside.

I have a 2 gallon bucket and a sponge filter. would that work for the fry? I also have an empty 10 gallon tank but no where to put it :(

Congrats!

The bucket can work short term until the fry are large enough to not be eaten if you have to put them back in the main tank. Ideally though the 10g would be better

Agree. It depends upon what you feed them (dried leaves producing infusoria will always result in faster growth) and what fish are in the main tank (thinking possible predation).

Agree. It depends upon what you feed them (dried leaves producing infusoria will always result in faster growth) and what fish are in the main tank (thinking possible predation).
My main tank has cories, mollies, guppies, and 2 upside down catfish. The largest fish is a 5 inch molly who eats everything.

My main tank has cories, mollies, guppies, and 2 upside down catfish. The largest fish is a 5 inch molly who eats everything.

Yes, tiny cory fry would get rapidly eaten with these fish. I would keep the fry separate until they are a good 3/4 inch (2.5-3 cm) length.

I found a place for my 10 gallon and right now it's a bare bottom tank with a sponge filter, java moss on driftwood, and some Moss balls. I'm adding some leaves tomorrow. I counted 32 fry but I could have miscounted. Is there anything else I should add for them?

Attachments

• 20200612_100436.jpg
    20200612_100436.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 81
I found a place for my 10 gallon and right now it's a bare bottom tank with a sponge filter, java moss on driftwood, and some Moss balls. I'm adding some leaves tomorrow. I counted 32 fry but I could have miscounted. Is there anything else I should add for them?

You need some soft sand, just a sprinkling is fine, but you need this to avoid bacterial problems and because the cories expect it.

Last edited:
I was putting in some Hikari First bites for the first time for the 3 day old fry today and as the rest were eating I noticed one who looks kind of like a bubble. The best way to describe it is that it looks like a cory egg with a tail and 2 little red eyes. He doesn't look like the rest of the fry but kind of like a swimming egg. All of the others I watched closely and they were eating little specks of food but this one was hiding behind a dried leaf in my tank and not swimming and eating like the rest. He swims very wobbly. Is there something I can do to help him?

Hes probably a late hatching egg. I wouldn't worry unless after 3 days from today he still looks like that.

When they first hatch they have a yolk sac and wont swim very well or eat until the yolk sac is absorbed.

Freshly hatched fry of my own for reference. Is this the shape you mean?
20200607_225651.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back