Cory catfish is twitching

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I suppose so, but probably nothing. Looks like nothing to me, I never have encountered something like that ever.
actually I think it’s my dead shrimp, also is it normal for Corys to hide in the dark?

Idk what the problem is but I did a water change and it went back to normal.
^ I saw this video not sure if that’s what my fish has

Came across this post with the video as I was reading through the thread for background. I would question that the fish in the video has gill flukes. Newly acquired fish are much more likely to have ich. The first sign is flashing because ich attacks the gills and the fish if not stressed will usually deal with this without intervention. From the behaviour of the Betta, ich is most likely the cause.

I have only once had gill flukes in new fish, they were cories (Corydoras fowleri as it happened) and it was very distinguishable. Along with flashing, the gills were very red, with the operculum extended. I agree PraziPro is effective, that is what I used that time. The whole tank has to be treated as this is a contagious parasite that can easily infect fish in the tank.

Exactly. If it looks like a clear shrimp with nothing in the middle of it, it is probably just the molting.

What substrate do you have? Cory cats need sand, and fine sand at that. I don't think that your betta or your cory has velvet.

I am wondering why you put a betta in with a cory cat? It is very possible your betta attacked your Cory cat, that is why its hiding.

Edit: After reading back in the thread, you said you have Imagitarium sand? That brand sand it quite rough, I would look into getting some "softer"/more fine sand.

Exactly. If it looks like a clear shrimp with nothing in the middle of it, it is probably just the molting.

What substrate do you have? Cory cats need sand, and fine sand at that. I don't think that your betta or your cory has velvet.

I am wondering why you put a betta in with a cory cat? It is very possible your betta attacked your Cory cat, that is why its hiding.
I agree, the betta coud have attacked the cory and make it hide.
@PheonixKingZ , OP and it actually have been mentioned that the substrate is sand, its soft but looks rough.

I agree, the betta coud have attacked the cory and make it hide.
@PheonixKingZ , OP and it actually have been mentioned that the substrate is sand, its soft but looks rough.
yes i had some in a small aquarium. its softer than the play sand i have now

Found him floating
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

someone please help me I don’t know what’s going on, I did a 50% waterchange after this happened. I’m going to start daily waterchanges

Now one of my little catfish is spazzing out not rubbing against anything

That's so weird. Video?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back