šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s velvet I think not
image.jpg

Isnā€™t velvet pretty fast at killing? I donā€™t think it would be velvet right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Iā€™m pretty sure my Cory only does it when he is scared (my Corys run when I come up to them) I could test that out as They are scared of humans I guess. But I think itā€™s not velvet

Thatā€™s my betta btw, nothing looks wrong with him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
Some people say ā€œlack of lightā€ could cure velvet? Is that true? I know Corys can still hunt at night so. Plus velvet need light to survive. Just for a safety precaution I might leave my lights off for like 3 days and do 70% water changes. Even ways Iā€™ve been waiting 20 minutes in the dark for my Cory to twitch and nothing is happening. Iā€™m gonna keep waiting. (what do you guys think of that)

Last edited:
it looks like my betta has velvet but I might be wrong.. (I donā€™t see anything out of the ordinary happening to my betta)
image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe Iā€™m wrong but he kinda has a brownish color under his uhh (head I guess idk) maybe itā€™s nothing bec nothing seems wrong with him

The Corydoras and Betta do not appear to have Velvet.

Velvet is an external protozoan parasite and can live in dark or light tanks. Once it is on the fish it simply feeds off the blood from the fish.

Medications that contain Copper Sulfate or Malachite Green will kill external protozoan parasites like velvet, but they are also quite toxic. The safest method of treating velvet and white spot is with heat. Raise the water temperature to 30C (86F) and keep the temperature there for 2 weeks. You can add a bit of salt if you like but it isn't normally needed.

Nitrate: 20
Nitrite: 0.5
Ph: 7
KH: 120
GH: 180
@Salty&Onion @Colin_T
What is your ammonia level? Nitrite is too high which might be cause the cory to twitch.. do a 50% water until nitrite levels are lowered to 0 and from there do daily 50% water changes (half of your tank) until your nitrite levels are 0ppm for 7 continous days.

What is your ammonia level? Nitrite is too high which might be cause the cory to twitch.. do a 50% water until nitrite levels are lowered to 0 and from there do daily 50% water changes (half of your tank) until your nitrite levels are 0ppm for 7 continous days.
alright will do

My little one is doing it too (one I bought and put in tank). there doesnā€™t seem anything wrong with it. It does it did It when it was searching for food.

Idk what the problem is but I did a water change and it went back to normal.
^ I saw this video not sure if thatā€™s what my fish has

I feel like nothing is wrong but I will keep looking, I donā€™t see any signs of anything.

Do I see a betta in the background? It could happen that the betta has attacked the cory. What is the substrate? It looks too rough for cories, they need sand.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back