Cory catfish is twitching

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

RainGamma

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have had this Cory Catfish for like 6 months. i donā€™t know why he is doing this

We need more info.
Tank size. Water parameters. Stocking.
20 gallon long
I have 6 Cory catfish and one betta
I canā€™t find my freaking test strip right now but I did a 75% water change yesterday

What do you mean by twitching? Can you post video to youtube and copy and paste link to here?
Please find the test kit and post your results on here, knowing your water parameters is crucial to fish's health.

What do you mean by twitching? Can you post video to youtube and copy and paste link to here?
Please find the test kit and post your results on here, knowing your water parameters is crucial to fish's health.
here Is an example
0:11 - 0:15
i will try to get a video, but I donā€™t see him running against anything

have you added anything to the tank in the last few weeks?
I added 2 little Cory catfish 2 days ago, nothing looked wrong with them (plus I see my catfish do this before I looked online and someone said it was nothing but I am kind of worried.

Fish do scratch/ rub on objects occasionally, but if it happens every day, there is a problem. Regular rubbing on objects is normally caused by external protozoan infections or other types of external parasites.

Shine a torch on the fish at night after the lights have gone out and see if they have a gold/ yellow sheen on their body. If they do, they have velvet.

Look for cream, white or grey patches on their body. This would be an external protozoan infection like Costia, Chilodonella or Trichodina.

See if you can get some clear pictures of the fish that is rubbing.

How long has the fish been rubbing on things for?

Fish do scratch/ rub on objects occasionally, but if it happens every day, there is a problem. Regular rubbing on objects is normally caused by external protozoan infections or other types of external parasites.

Shine a torch on the fish at night after the lights have gone out and see if they have a gold/ yellow sheen on their body. If they do, they have velvet.

Look for cream, white or grey patches on their body. This would be an external protozoan infection like Costia, Chilodonella or Trichodina.

I actually never seen him rub on anything, he just twitches sometimes

Iā€™m at Petco right now, shall I get some medicine?

No, not until we know what's wrong with the little guy.
Okay Iā€™m gonna try getting a video, I donā€™t see him rubbing against anything. He just goes sides ways then back fairly quickly. He is a big bad cory

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back