Cory blister

Mako

Reaction score
I have a corydora Trilineatus that has had a blister on the end of his nose for about a 3 weeks now. It hasn't got any bigger, it just fills up and bursts continually. It doesn't seem to bother him, and none of the other fish have it but I would really like to know what it is and whether I can treat it. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks!

Hi Mako :)

The blister could be due to an abrasion. How big is the gravel on the bottom of your tank? :unsure:

If it has to scrape itself on large pieces to get down to bits of food, that could be the problem. It's like you getting a blister when you have a shoe that's too lose and rubbing on your skin.

If this is the cause, it will not go away by itself. Have you looked at your fish's barbels lately? Sometimes they become damaged for the same reason.

This is a very bad thing to happen. :eek:

This could also be caused by dirty water, so just to be safe, try doing water changes a bit more often.

Barbels seem fine. The gravel is quite huge though. I could drop the pellets my corys have onto this big flat rock in there or something so they don't have to root around. Poor Ted! :( I feel guilty now!
Thanks for your help. :)

Hi Mako :)

How is your cory? :unsure: Does he appear healthy now? No signs of fin rot or other bacterial infection?

I hope he's doing better. :nod: It is the nature of corys to dig in the gravel, so if you possibly can, please try to get some fine gravel or sand for him.

How is the water quality in your tank? Do you siphon the dirt out from the bottom, do regular water changes, etc.? If you do and his blister heals, it's good news. But, if it gets worse, or there is fin damage as well, he may have a bacterial infection. If this is the case, he will need to be treated immediately.

Please let me know how he is. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back