Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I heard that there are rumors of him being sick and debates on what it would mean for the world if he died. I dont think he did tho?
It would actually be good news for North Korea if he did :)
He did die.

And why do you say that would be good for NK if he did die?

There has been no official declaration from Korea. All I've found so far is rumors. It does sound like he may have had a cardiac event but time will tell when the truth finally emerges about his condition or demise.

Let's not veer into a political discussion here. Our forums are not for such discussions.

Covid19 and all flu viruses put more pressure on the heart. If you have an underlying heart problem, catching this virus or any flu virus can potentially kill you.

I caught the common flu virus from someone who broke into my car in 2016 and a couple of weeks later I had a heart attack, which was caused by the virus putting more stress on my ticker.

This is why people with heart disease need to avoid catching this or any flu virus. Covid19 is apparently very bad for your heart, worse than other flu viruses.

Covid19 and all flu viruses put more pressure on the heart. If you have an underlying heart problem, catching this virus or any flu virus can potentially kill you.

Does this mean people with high blood pressure are at greater risk?

Does this mean people with high blood pressure are at greater risk?
Yes. Anyone with any heart or lung problems is at a much higher risk of dying if they catch covid19.

High blood pressure is often linked to other diseases too, so if you have high blood pressure, make sure you have regular checkups with your doctor. But try to avoid medical centres until the virus is gone, unless it is an emergency, then get help asap.

I came across this video and encourage anyone with an enquiring mind to watch it.

I found it extremely interesting and thought provoking as well as the common sense contained within.

could only deal with 20 minutes of that. got fed up with them continually saying "millions of cases, very few deaths, millions of cases, very few deaths".

Some of the data they said didn't add up either. They went on about 0.5% chance of dying but a 90% chance of recovering. Well if there's a 90% chance of recovering, it means 10% die, not 0.5%.

could only deal with 20 minutes of that. got fed up with them continually saying "millions of cases, very few deaths, millions of cases, very few deaths".

Some of the data they said didn't add up either. They went on about 0.5% chance of dying but a 90% chance of recovering. Well if there's a 90% chance of recovering, it means 10% die, not 0.5%.
Yup lol statistics need to be correct and consistent. Even if you want to put incorrect statistics you should make it consistent

You lasted longer than I did. I turned it off after 4 minutes. Here in the US reported cases are rising about 3 percent each day. In my state reported cases are increasing about 4% a day and total deaths are about 2900.

I received a regular newsletter this morning from a family history site, and the first item is something of interest to all of us at the moment. It concerns the cause of death as entered on a death certificate, and the reason that Covid-19 will not be entered as the first cause of death on many certificates - and why we shouldn't sign a petition going round at the moment. Being a UK site, it talks about UK death certificates but goes on to say that the way deaths should be recorded is the same in every country.
I cannot copy the item here but I can link to the newsletter. The rest of the newsletter won't be interesting to everyone else, though scroll down the page and there's a link to how the US coped with the Spanish flu epidemic last century.

Last edited:
THIS IS STUPID, people who are vulnerable should stay home, but you can't just shut down the world. we will be feeling this for years to come in our economy. on top of that. I was going to move to new zealand but all of this crap happened two days before we were leaving, we had already shipped our stuff.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back