Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What a boring day, what are you guys doing? Are you guys lock your self in the house?

I tried to buy red wine in the form of a 3ltr bagon amazon but they dont sell it, only glass bottles, how strange. I'm looking to learn to make wine myself with some kits, my mum knows how to make wine, and has all the equipment.

For those of you in the uk these guys do same day grocery delivery

We used to make wine years ago. If you already have the equipment, go for it.

Omg this is looking bad, what if every time it jumps species it mutates and we lose immunity?
Anyone who has caught the original version and survived, will have some defence against any new strains that might pop up from animals. The infected person will still have a flu virus but they will have some anti-bodies that are related to the new version, and that should give them an advantage if they catch another strain.

------------------
If they mutate, will they infect fishes and birds?
It's a mammal virus so is unlikely to affect birds, reptiles or fish.

I tried to buy red wine in the form of a 3ltr bag on amazon but they dont sell it, only glass bottles, how strange. I'm looking to learn to make wine myself with some kits, my mum knows how to make wine, and has all the equipment.
Alcohol is easy to make. Get a container of water, add a bag of sugar and a packet of yeast. Put a lid on the container and do it up a bit but not completely. The yeast eats the sugar water and produces alcohol and carbon dioxide. The CO2 will cause the container to expand and explode if the lid is on too tight.

You can buy bubblers that go in the lid of the container and allow the gas out without letting bad bacteria into the mixture.

Depending on the type of yeast you use, will determine the % of alcohol that you produce. Bakers yeast will make alcohol about 3-6%. You can buy wine yeast that will make about 16-20% alcohol. Spirit yeast makes about 30% alcohol.

You can use fruit juice instead of water or in addition to the water. You can blend up fruit and add that too if you want a bit of flavour.

With wine you crush/ blend up the grapes. Put the crushed grapes and grape juice in a container. Add wine yeast and cover the container. Wait a month or so for the yeast to use all the sugars and convert it into alcohol, then pour the liquid through a fine piece of material to remove the bits and pieces and you have wine.

-----------------
If you want to increase the % of alcohol you then distill the wine and that removes some of the water and leaves a higher % of alcohol.

If you can distill the alcohol enough and get it up to 60%, you can use it for disinfecting things.

If you are in the UK...
Years ago at a Christmas party my (then) neighbour passed around some glasses and asked us to guess what was in them after tasting. We did come up with some really creative guesses but nobody correctly identified the contents as red wine, produced by that well known vineyard in Surrey :rofl:

Might be better off sticking to beer - or gin :whistle:

Well this 20 minute video makes it look easy and it makes wine i 7 days - i'm looking at their website,

1kg sugar I think about £2
wine kit merlot £9.75
bag in box (to store wine in rather than bottles) 10 litre £4.25

So this makes 10 litres of wine for about £16 where as the bag in the box I usual buy in shops only has 3 litres for the same price!

I've removed this post because it might have been considered political.

Last edited:
I don't think anything said by a man who believes we are ruled by shape changing lizards from outer space is political in the sense that is not allowed on here. He bashes everyone regardless of who they are or what party they support.
You can un-delete the post if you wish - or I can do it for you.

I don't think anything said by a man who believes we are ruled by shape changing lizards from outer space is political in the sense that is not allowed on here. He bashes everyone regardless of who they are or what party they support.
You can un-delete the post if you wish - or I can do it for you.

Well the post was to refer people to this vido, the issue I feared was he is criticising government/big business and therefore potentially political.

He should be on the YouTbue channel The London Real shortly, it was due to broadcast live 13 minutes ago but is no up yet so I'll only write this message because your a mod.

Anyway with regards to he lizard comment, if you saw his video he did three weeks ago he was referring to the powers that be as being a cult, not aliens, so yea I agree with you in that need to take a pinch of salt with it all lol.

Anyway I came on here to post this, smokers are urged to quit owing to the virus, I think its very unlikel they have the wil power to quite virtually over night.

@Colin_T, I though you said that you had legos, you just hadn’t unpacked them yet? That would be a good project for you today. ;)

If you want some REAL legos, check out this bad boy! :75192 UCS Millennium Falcon it’s only $800! :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back