Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I agree. At our closest supermarket (an Aldi) the only things in short supply are kitchen paper rolls and handwash of all types. Sainsbury are lifting buying restrictions on almost everything from today (there are still a few items where the number we can buy at one shopping trip is limited). We'll see what they are short of, if anything, tomorrow.

My husband has been doing our shopping as 2 adults are not allowed in a shop together and as I am asthmatic I wait outside and just walk to the shop for exercise. He reports that the 'one out, one in' restriction has made shopping a much more enjoyable experience.

Well I visited a cornershop on my way home Friday and it had apparently just had a delivery they had plenty of stock that they were putting onto shelves, they also had a massive pile of beer/lager in the corner of their store, they looked like they wre hosting a new years eve party fot eh rather large village, kinda funny they too let you have 3 people in at a time but I didnt need to wait to get in, however the Co Op had a lengthy looking quoue outside with people 2 metres apart.

they have a milk farm in my village but we never buy it as its expensive.

I'm trying to buy anti bac handwash. I use this after handling raw meat, cat litter, anything in a fish tank, and after touching the rubbish bins (I even feed the fish immediately before putting the rubbish out so I only need to wash my hands once instead of twice to conserve my dwindling supply, there's less than half a bottle left).
For everything else I use plain soap.

I'm trying to buy anti bac handwash. I use this after handling raw meat, cat litter, anything in a fish tank, and after touching the rubbish bins (I even feed the fish immediately before putting the rubbish out so I only need to wash my hands once instead of twice to conserve my dwindling supply, there's less than half a bottle left).
Same. It’s a good idea. ;)

At least one good thing to come of it is you can get your house chores done.
Not here you don't, there are no cleaning products or paper towels or anything to clean your house with.

-------------------------
You can make anti-bacterial hand wash with alcohol. Most hardware stores sell bottles of alcohol and it can be watered down to make alcohol based disinfectant. In Australia we have a product called Methylated Spirits and it is 95% alcohol. I use 3 parts Methy and 1 part water to get a 70% alcohol solution. I spray it on a tissue and wipe things down. You should have similar products in other parts of the world.

This is not isopropyl alcohol, which is 99% alcohol and hideously expensive. This is a lower percentage of alcohol but significantly cheaper.

Alcohol will kill viruses, bacteria, fungus and yeast.

Wife and I went to Walmart and they still have some empty shelves but they have toilet paper, paper towels and some sanitizers and cleaners now but no hand sanitizer yet.

Wife and I went to Walmart and they still have some empty shelves but they have toilet paper, paper towels and some sanitizers and cleaners now but no hand sanitizer yet.

I just bought a 5 litre tub of antibacterial hand soap that also kills 99.9 % of germs on ebay for £20, inc delivery! I am sharing with other family.

You can also buy food on ebay btw.

I just bought a 5 litre tub of antibacterial hand soap that also kills 99.9 % of germs on ebay for £20, inc delivery! I am sharing with other family.

You can also buy food on ebay btw.
That’s why I don’t get why people are starving! You can order food online. (eBay, Amazon) You could even go to a military surplus store and get MRE’s! (Meals Ready To Eat)

Military surplus stores are shut here, and ration packs aren't that nice and have preservatives in.

Most of the courier companies have shut down due to the potential for their drivers to catch or spread the virus to lots of people. As an example, the courier who delivered some stuff to me last year in December, had 800 deliveries that day and most required a signature. Now if he had the virus, he could have spread it to all those people. Vice versa, there are 800 people that could give him the virus, and that is just in one day.

I want some Lego sets but am not willing to get them yet because I will have to sign for them and that is not something I am willing to do. I would have to stand next to a courier and handle a plastic pen that other people have touched. And Lego won't send stuff out unless you sign for it.

Military surplus stores are shut here, and ration packs aren't that nice and have preservatives in.

Most of the courier companies have shut down due to the potential for their drivers to catch or spread the virus to lots of people. As an example, the courier who delivered some stuff to me last year in December, had 800 deliveries that day and most required a signature. Now if he had the virus, he could have spread it to all those people. Vice versa, there are 800 people that could give him the virus, and that is just in one day.

I want some Lego sets but am not willing to get them yet because I will have to sign for them and that is not something I am willing to do. I would have to stand next to a courier and handle a plastic pen that other people have touched. And Lego won't send stuff out unless you sign for it.

you want lego???
DSC_1003.JPG

In these crazy times where many of us are home everyday, we need a clock like this one to remind us what day it is
That's so true. I am one of the lucky ones still working (from home). Last week was our quarterly planning week where our team (around 120 people) was supposed to meet up in Belgium for the week. Team members are spread across UK, Belgium, US and Singapore. We decided to go ahead with the sessions remotely.

Needless to say the week was pretty intense - especially as we had to cater for different time zones. On Friday in the final wrap up I reminded everyone that tomorrow was Saturday and they did not need to work. I meant this as a joke, and was rather surprised at how many people had not consciously realised that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back