Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@Colin_T You obviously know very little about your Creator and should take Juicebox52 up on the invitation. Being so closed minded is not helping you. God is real and He is our Judge. He has a Kingdom waiting for you if you only believe and trust in Him. Seek Him with all of your heart and soul. The earth does have pain that we must go through but our final home in our living God’s Kingdom will have no pain or suffering.
Not everyone is Christian and not everyone wants to be.

Politics and religion are two subjects almost guaranteed to cause friction. We are asked not to post on politics, can I also request that we do not post about religion. As Sylvan points out, we have members from all over the world of many different religions, and those with none, to whom the promoting of any religion not their own is distasteful.

Please can we continue this topic with no further reference to either politics or religion.

Things are getting better here on the supply front. Walmart now has plenty of toilet paper and disinfectant on the shelves that were empty last week:yahoo:

Well after the panic buying in the uk that cleared shelves, they are now replenished,

Politics and religion are two subjects almost guaranteed to cause friction. We are asked not to post on politics, can I also request that we do not post about religion. As Sylvan points out, we have members from all over the world of many different religions, and those with none, to whom the promoting of any religion not their own is distasteful.

Please can we continue this topic with no further reference to either politics or religion.

I'm not being funny but our politicians who we elected are running the country and are therefore running the campaign against the virus outbreak so how can you possibly say this???

You can freeze fresh fruit and veges, as well as meat and dairy. There's no reason to chuck it out.

-------------------
During my walk tonight I noticed the council has locked the public toilets and put signs up saying they will remain closed until the virus is over. They have a list of phone numbers on the signs for people to call if they need help including a homeless person hotline. Not sure how many homeless people have phones but I do know you can't buy a mobile phone in Australia when you live on the street. What they don't have is a list of places the homeless people can go to the toilet.

If the public toilets are shut, where are the homeless people meant to go?

It makes me glad I'm not living on the street now. It would be horrendous not having a toilet to use or bathroom to wash up in. Using public toilets before the virus started was unpleasant so it would be really bad now.
In the UK truckers have been struggling to find toilets, hot drinks and nutritious food because of the closures and restrictions.

I'm not being funny but our politicians who we elected are running the country and are therefore running the campaign against the virus outbreak so how can you possibly say this???
Not discussing politics or religion in this thread has already been requested by Fishmanic in post #100 and #106

Sorry guys...I have to put on my mod hat and step in here. This is not a topic to get political here. Let's stay on topic and discuss your thoughts about the spreading Coronavirus and how it is affecting yourself, or your country.. Please no more talk about opinions on politicians, governments etc. There are other social sites where you could discuss those issues if you wish.
But let's just avoid discussions of politics or religion on this topic.

We do not want this thread to turn into a "my party is better than your party" free for all, or a "my religion is the only true religion" denigrating of other people's beliefs and opinions.
Discussing the different approaches made by politicians is acceptable, but not using the thread as a party political soapbox.

We’ve been allowed to talk about everything else in here. I was against this post to begin with. Remember? But it was decided to bend the rules and allow it.

I agree! Hate speaking out as a Mod but this post was political to begin with and should NEVER have been started. I tried to stop it but Dascrow agreed to Bend the rules this time and allow it. So if we are bending the rules, so be it! You can’t bend part and not all! I knew it would get to this!

Folks...let's get back to the topic at hand as stated in my first post. We are in historic times right now and I think most members here find value in discussing this situation and sharing how it is affecting you and your loved ones.

If anyone has any issues with this topic, please refrain from viewing and posting in this topic. Thank you.

Here is the topic of this thread: your responses about this important situation are welcome.
As per my first post:

The Coronavirus is spreading rapidly worldwide.
  • What is the present state of the virus in your country or state?
  • Do you know anyone who is infected?
  • What restrictions does your government have to prevent the spread of the virus?
  • Are you making any preparations such as stocking up on food and buying masks?
  • What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.

Last edited:
It's bad in new Zealand with the coronavirus right now. The gangs are running rampant and breaking into people's houses and stealing food and toilet paper and beating up people, even the elderly and children. A gang member from the Mongrel Mob gang broke into my uncle's garage and stole bikes and food. It's bad. There have been brawls in the supermarket between the 2 gangs over food

@PheonixKingZ here is a link for the dairy farmers issue I mentioned

Edited because I forgot to put the link lol :crazy:

@PheonixKingZ here is a link for the dairy farmers issue I mentioned

Edited because I forgot to put the link lol :crazy:

I don't think we have this issue in the UK, stores are slowly replenishing properly after the panic buying some weeks ago.

At least one good thing to come of it is you can get your house chores done.

I agree. At our closest supermarket (an Aldi) the only things in short supply are kitchen paper rolls and handwash of all types. Sainsbury are lifting buying restrictions on almost everything from today (there are still a few items where the number we can buy at one shopping trip is limited). We'll see what they are short of, if anything, tomorrow.

My husband has been doing our shopping as 2 adults are not allowed in a shop together and as I am asthmatic I wait outside and just walk to the shop for exercise. He reports that the 'one out, one in' restriction has made shopping a much more enjoyable experience.

The milk being dumped in the US did make it onto our news. Same as @essjay reports here in the South. Had to change brands on some things but all I could not find this week was frozen veggies and bars of soap. Usually buy fresh veg but figured buying frozen would mean less trips to the shop. There was liquid soap / handwash but I am old school enough that I prefer it in solid form :)

The milk being dumped in the US did make it onto our news. Same as @essjay reports here in the South. Had to change brands on some things but all I could not find this week was frozen veggies and bars of soap. Usually buy fresh veg but figured buying frozen would mean less trips to the shop. There was liquid soap / handwash but I am old school enough that I prefer it in solid form :)
Same, I love solid one.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back