Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I was explaining to my grandparents today just how big the Excel centre is. It is absolutely enormous, it has two tube stations serving it and can host multiple big shows at the same time so to made into a hospital just shows how serious this is.
I expect the UK lockdown to extend past the current 3 weeks and I expect with this weekends predicted good weather that people will be idiots and break the lock down rules.

I went tot he boat show there once, it was filled with yachts worth many millions.

So far Kansas has been only mildly hit with around 500 cases and 20 or so deaths - most are in the Kansas side of Kansas City, Lawrence - where University of Kansas is located and another county where Wichita State University is. I'm in Topeka, about 20 miles from Lawrence. Lawrence is now nearly the size of Topeka where we used to be double the size. It's the only "blue" county in the State and the "hip" place to live. Small hospital though - while Topeka has two major medical centers. Based on our Governor's news conferences we are in good shape and likely won't be hard hit for another month or two. Like everybody else we are having trouble ensuring that we will have enough ventilators and PPE. In fact I got a phone call from CDC or some type of group asking me if I have a ventilator (which I do, but it's not the kind where you have to be intubated to use it - it's like a bipap on steroids and monitors my breathing and can even breathe for me if necessary. The problem is that it really takes two people to hook it up - it's hard to do by myself so I haven't used it since my husband died - it also initially causes a lot of anxiety and my husband was so wonderful about calming me down so that stage only lasted a few minutes. I'm afraid to try it without him (panic attacks are terrible to go through). So they know I have it and I will give it up if somebody needs it before I do.

I'm actually used to having a fairly fragile respiratory system - but I tell you when I'm in a grocery store or doctor's waiting room and people are coughing and sneezing (especially children) - I go home and just want to cry while I wait for my new cold to set in because a cold for me is terrifying so I am so scared of getting this virus because my lung capacity won't allow me to survive it. H1N1 and two weeks in the ICU and I'm on oxygen for life and can't do much of anything without a panic attack. I take over 30 pills a day and do multiple breathing treatments - they might as well just sent me home to die - at least I'd be able to have a cup of coffee or plenty of ice water and use the bathroom without asking permission. The hospitals get so busy they don't have time to wait on you - and waiting for a respiratory therapist for an hour when you can barely breathe is no fun.

Having groceries delivered but you have to wait 4 days they are so backed up - I don't know what I'm going to want in 4 days LOL. I do all Dr Visits (the so-called "follow-up-because I need to make more money visits" by telephone, same with my therapist. I've cancelled all the others that can wait. I do need to see my Hemotologist/Oncologist to make sure I don't need more iron infusions. I'm about due for another ultra expensive immune boosting shot (38K it costs my insurance company after their write-off) so I can keep my immune system in shape. I wonder what value I bring to the world to justify such ridiculously expensive medical care. I don't work any more, I can't do much of anything anymore - if I was a dog I'd likely have been euthanized long ago just because of the cost.

So PLEASE don't make light of what is going on. Everybody said Y2K was "overblown" because nothing bad happened but as my husband (a Systems Engineer) said - nothing happened because a lot of planning and prevention took place before the date hit. If we had done nothing we would have had a mess. The goal is to turn these into non-events but not to make everybody complacent. Just read one or two of the stories written by direct care staff in New York and imagine being a patient there right now. Hell, pure hell. We have no idea. Those poor sick and the poor terrified caregivers.

I have my first grandchild due in 10 weeks. I really want to meet him - as it stands now I can't be in the birthing room any more - only one person and that will be her husband - as it should be. I will want to hold him but will be too afraid to do so as careful as I've been. She doesn't get any baby showers, and we can't' go baby furniture shopping together like we planned. The biggest moment of her life and we can't celebrate it. All the weddings (and funerals) cancelled - it's terrible.

Right so these two babies who managed to survive the virus are going to be bullied heavily at school and live a life of misery, this should be illegal!

Why people like to bully other I dont understand. Back when I was 5
i got bullied by kindergarten teacher for years just because I forgot to do coloring homework. Thats also the reason I hate school, I am a homeschooler for 10 years now and life is great!

Right so these two babies who managed to survive the virus are going to be bullied heavily at school and live a life of misery, this should be illegal!

In the UK - well England and Wales, I don't know about Scotland and Northern Ireland - they'd have plenty time to refect on their choice. Register offices are closed for birth registrations. What no-one seems to know yet is if the fine for failure to register a birth within 42 days will be relaxed. Register offices are only open for death registrations, and then only be telephone appointment. I can only assume no-one can get married either. In the UK, marriages can only take place in a register office (closed except for death registrations), Anglican churches (closed), other denomination churches with a registrar in attendance (churches closed and no registrar available), and certain places licenced for marriages with a registrar in attendance (most of those are hotels which are closed and no registrar available)

Are we just lucky? We have been shopping this morning and the only things unavailable were kitchen towels and handwash. The toilet roll shelf was full, and the kitchen towel shelf was full of toilet rolls.
An email from the supermarket Sainsbury this morning says they will remove restrictions tomorrow except for "the most popular items which include UHT milk, pasta and tinned tomatoes". Meat, fresh fruit and veg, and dairy products are plentiful.
The men who collect the rubbish have been heard complaining about the number of bins full of rotting fruit, veg and meat. This is what happens when people who normally only buy frozen food rush out and panic buy fresh food. They don't realise it goes off.

Why people like to bully other I dont understand. Back when I was 5
i got bullied by kindergarten teacher for years just because I forgot to do coloring homework. Thats also the reason I hate school, I am a homeschooler for 10 years now and life is great!

Is life great for your children? Will their future life be great with a total and complete lack of experience of the outside world in terms of all sorts of communication means going on with other members of socieyt, eg playing games, communicating, negotiating, know how to help someone when they are upset, knowing how to deal with other people of all walks of life????

This is what I fear which also what David Icke notes the the video he posted on The London Real the other week, the makings of an Orwellian society.

"Britain still doesn’t have a way to control the virus that goes beyond lockdown. Without a proper programme of community surveillance and contact tracing, we won’t stop the spread of coronavirus. As patients pour into hospitals again, a series of national lockdowns will follow. It’s a pattern that could go on for years – until we have a vaccine."

So far Kansas has been only mildly hit with around 500 cases and 20 or so deaths

At 4% pretty high then..

my lung capacity won't allow me to survive it.

I might well be wrong and I don't know anything about your condition but I was under the impressio with excercise one can increase lung capacity.

Having groceries delivered but you have to wait 4 days they are so backed up

LOL here in the UK our biggest grocery stores are backed up to 3 weeks for delivery, a lot of nutjobs went out panic buying you see!

The men who collect the rubbish have been heard complaining about the number of bins full of rotting fruit, veg and meat. This is what happens when people who normally only buy frozen food rush out and panic buy fresh food. They don't realise it goes off.
You can freeze fresh fruit and veges, as well as meat and dairy. There's no reason to chuck it out.

-------------------
During my walk tonight I noticed the council has locked the public toilets and put signs up saying they will remain closed until the virus is over. They have a list of phone numbers on the signs for people to call if they need help including a homeless person hotline. Not sure how many homeless people have phones but I do know you can't buy a mobile phone in Australia when you live on the street. What they don't have is a list of places the homeless people can go to the toilet.

If the public toilets are shut, where are the homeless people meant to go?

It makes me glad I'm not living on the street now. It would be horrendous not having a toilet to use or bathroom to wash up in. Using public toilets before the virus started was unpleasant so it would be really bad now.

Last edited:
Things are getting better here on the supply front. Walmart now has plenty of toilet paper and disinfectant on the shelves that were empty last week:yahoo:

You can freeze fresh fruit and veges, as well as meat and dairy. There's no reason to chuck it out.

Their freezers are probably already stuffed full of panic-bought frozen stuff ;)

no.

as far as I'm concerned, any god who lets people suffer and sends them to hell for committing suicide to end the pain, is not a good god.

there's no reason what so ever, to let anything suffer.
I place myself in God’s hands. I believe He cares. I may look like I’m suffering on the outside but God can fill me with complete peace on the inside. My father committed suicide. Put a gun right in his mouth. I don’t think he went to hell because depression had affected his decision making. He was a good and Godly man. But his mind got sick. We don’t know what goes on in those last few seconds. God is forgiving. Does this mean that I condone suicide? Absolutely not. God says “Thy should not kill.” Do we go to hell for doing so? God is the only judge!

Last edited:
no.

as far as I'm concerned, any god who lets people suffer and sends them to hell for committing suicide to end the pain, is not a good god.

there's no reason what so ever, to let anything suffer.
@Colin_T You obviously know very little about your Creator and should take Juicebox52 up on the invitation. Being so closed minded is not helping you. God is real and He is our Judge. He has a Kingdom waiting for you if you only believe and trust in Him. Seek Him with all of your heart and soul. The earth does have pain that we must go through but our final home in our living God’s Kingdom will have no pain or suffering.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back