Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Well, I had the Pfizer vaccine. Only the day after my arm got sore. Maybe because I've been lying on it for the night.
A face shield is not allowed everywhere in our country. They say that it doesn't protect sufficiently. At the hospitals overhere face shields are prohibited.
a lotta vaccines make arm sore,
like shots do too

Caught in a 'pickle,' millions of Americans might not have had an adequate response to the Covid-19 vaccine

Well this article is interesting, I'd never even heard of a immunosuppressive drug

I just wondered if you had no bad reaction to the first jab would you still want to hang around for fifteen minutes after the second one?

I just wondered if you had no bad reaction to the first jab would you still want to hang around for fifteen minutes after the second one?
I did, to have an allergic reaction to something you have to have experienced it at least once before. So the second dose may be the one where your body says ā€œI donā€™t like thisā€....

My daughter didnā€™t react the first time she had penicillin but did the second...

Caught in a 'pickle,' millions of Americans might not have had an adequate response to the Covid-19 vaccine

Well this article is interesting, I'd never even heard of a immunosuppressive drug
Unfortunately it is a class of very serious diseases that require this drug. It is when the immune system spirals out of control (completely related to covid-19). I believe though i might be mistaken that many cancer patient require immunosuppresive drugs.

Unfortunately it is a class of very serious diseases that require this drug. It is when the immune system spirals out of control (completely related to covid-19). I believe though i might be mistaken that many cancer patient require immunosuppresive drugs.

Does the patient have to be with cancer in order to need the drug or if they are cleared of cancer do they no longer take any type of drug like this?

Immunosuppressive medicines go much wider than cancer. Most cancer treatment is classified as chemotherapy and fully suppresses immune system.

Immunosuppression can target parts of the immune system (to be fair some cancer treatments are this too)

But other (usually rare ) also need this - diseases like Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, vasculitis, inflammatory bowel disease, some severe skin conditions and many more.

Certainly in the transplant population we are seeing plenty of people with no meaningful antibodies without both doses.

Thus is another reason why we need healthy people to be vaccinated too. The less active virus in circulation the less risk these vulnerable people have of exposure

In semi-math terms the two group cancer and immunsuppression intersect. The intersection is modest in side.

Iā€™m wanting to get the vaccine just so I donā€™t have to wear a mask.

At the upcoming CAP Encampment, all of the cadets who have had the vaccine dont have to wear masks. However, any cadet that hasnā€™t had the vaccine, has to wear a mask literally 24/7.

Keep in mind, this is in the blistering summer heat of Kentucky. The majority of what we will be doing is outside in the head. (Marching, drill, PT, etc.)

ā€”-

I donā€™t care if it works to be honest, I just want it so I donā€™t have to wear a mask.

The system is totally bonkers - no wonder we are in such a bad state!!

Met up with 2 of my children and grandchildren at the weekend; I think we followed the rules, (there were 11 of us) and we were on the beach most of the afternoon, but went into the penny arcades for about 1/2 an hour before splitting up and going to our respective homes. Itā€™s the most contact/public mixing weā€™ve done since March last yearā€¦ potentially 2 weeks from the end of the lockdown rules and we assessed it would be fairly safeā€¦

Both my daughter and I have had messages to say we need to isolate for 6 days; my partner and son donā€™t have the app, so no message for them. My daughter has been told the children donā€™t have to isolate as they donā€™t have the app and did not get the messageā€¦where is the sense in all this..?

We will be isolating and keeping the children home from school as we feel this is the correct thing to do; my son wonā€™t - he hasnā€™t had the message and wonā€™t get paid for taking days off of workā€¦šŸ˜”šŸ˜¢šŸ˜”

The system is totally bonkers - no wonder we are in such a bad state!!

Met up with 2 of my children and grandchildren at the weekend; I think we followed the rules, (there were 11 of us) and we were on the beach most of the afternoon, but went into the penny arcades for about 1/2 an hour before splitting up and going to our respective homes. Itā€™s the most contact/public mixing weā€™ve done since March last yearā€¦ potentially 2 weeks from the end of the lockdown rules and we assessed it would be fairly safeā€¦

Both my daughter and I have had messages to say we need to isolate for 6 days; my partner and son donā€™t have the app, so no message for them. My daughter has been told the children donā€™t have to isolate as they donā€™t have the app and did not get the messageā€¦where is the sense in all this..?

We will be isolating and keeping the children home from school as we feel this is the correct thing to do; my son wonā€™t - he hasnā€™t had the message and wonā€™t get paid for taking days off of workā€¦šŸ˜”šŸ˜¢šŸ˜”
I have always assumed that all contacts of the person with the app had to isolate too? The rules are mad, and Track and Trace are/were an expensive joke. And not paying those who are forced to be part of the awful gig economy for time off work to isolate is barmy. I agree with you NannaLou.

That is one way to encourage nay-sayers to get a vaccine !

Iā€™m wanting to get the vaccine just so I donā€™t have to wear a mask.

At the upcoming CAP Encampment, all of the cadets who have had the vaccine dont have to wear masks. However, any cadet that hasnā€™t had the vaccine, has to wear a mask literally 24/7.

Keep in mind, this is in the blistering summer heat of Kentucky. The majority of what we will be doing is outside in the head. (Marching, drill, PT, etc.)

ā€”-

I donā€™t care if it works to be honest, I just want it so I donā€™t have to wear a mask.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back