Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The only positive thing I can say about this current lock down is it's so peaceful and quiet here today. Nobody is outside, it's wonderful. I can sit here in my room and not listen to cars or noisy people.

Having said that, my neighbour just started his car. It needs a new exhaust :(

LOL, now our WA premier is blaming the federal government for our current outbreak of covid19 in Western Australia. Man our politicians are dumb.

There have been 2 local transmissions of covid19 in WA in the last 24 hours and these are linked to the people that caught the virus in quarantine and were let out.

Thousands of people have been allowed out of Perth and have travelled all over the state, potentially taking the virus with them. But the 200+ people that flew to Melbourne on the plane with the contaminated guy are being put into quarantine. That's a double standard.

WA has had 6 people die from blood clots caused by the Astra Zeneca vaccine in the last week and only a few thousand people have been vaccinated here.

This is nothing like India or Africa where the virus is running amuck, but shows how a dumb government can completely screw things up.

Have any of you seen those new Covid-19 commercials? The animated ones?

They are so stupid.

I think there has always been strange divisions in human behaviour, but living theough something like this and seeing how polarised people become is pretty crazy. I've seen both amazing acts of humanity and some frankly awful stuff.

I get it's hard for everyone right now, I just wish people would work together to get us through this quicker. And I don't mean herd immunity by spreading it- that's such a sad, unneccessary loss of life ?

Can't believe this lot.

David Icke must be chuffed.
Just shows how stupid some people are, and unfortunately there are more stupid people on the planet than smart people. This is why the human race is going to end soon, the morons are overpopulating the Earth.

?My neighbour died in his sleep at home on Thursday. Fit, clean living, 40 something. My uncle also died in his sleep at home back in October, but he was elderly with lung disease.
I'm confused how this can happen. Our hospitals have only 10% of the Covid patients that we had in January and we have over half if the population vaccinated (first dose). So you would think they could now identify and manage any case that is serious/ severe?
Can this disease really take someone, seemingly healthy, in the space of a few hours?????

Can this disease really take someone, seemingly healthy, in the space of a few hours?????
Yes, viruses can kill people very quickly. Most viruses don't want to kill their host because it stops them spreading. However, some viruses do have a high mortality, and this is a new virus that is still bouncing around mutating. So it hasn't settled down and realised it needs to do less damage to the people and animals it infects.

Covid19 and all viruses put pressure on the heart and immune system. Covid19 also puts heaps of pressure on the lungs and can cause blood clots in people. These blood clots are potentially lethal because they can stop blood flowing to the heart, brain or lungs. When the blood clots form in the lungs, the patient doesn't get enough oxygen and they suffocate. If the blood clots reduce flow to the heart, the patient has a heart attack. If the blood clots stop blood going to the brain or get into the brain, they cause stroke.

Yes, viruses can kill people very quickly. Most viruses don't want to kill their host because it stops them spreading. However, some viruses do have a high mortality, and this is a new virus that is still bouncing around mutating. So it hasn't settled down and realised it needs to do less damage to the people and animals it infects.

Covid19 and all viruses put pressure on the heart and immune system. Covid19 also puts heaps of pressure on the lungs and can cause blood clots in people. These blood clots are potentially lethal because they can stop blood flowing to the heart, brain or lungs. When the blood clots form in the lungs, the patient doesn't get enough oxygen and they suffocate. If the blood clots reduce flow to the heart, the patient has a heart attack. If the blood clots stop blood going to the brain or get into the brain, they cause stroke.
So scary. Let's hope everybody all over the world are vaccinated very soon.

Sorry about this, gotta vent

Australian cricketers went to India 3 weeks ago to play cricket. They got paid by the Indian cricket companies to play there. The various state governments in Australia said nobody should be leaving the country but the federal government gave them the go ahead to leave the country. Now the cricketers overseas are complaining they can't come back to Australia because the federal government has banned any flights from India.

I'm just lolling over how stupid some people really are.
1) You don't travel overseas or leave your home country during a pandemic.
2) If you do go overseas during a pandemic, you do so at your own risk.
3) If you go overseas during a pandemic, don't expect to come back and bypass the quarantine procedures.
4) Serves you stupid greedy cricketers right.

Sorry about this, gotta vent

Australian cricketers went to India 3 weeks ago to play cricket. They got paid by the Indian cricket companies to play there. The various state governments in Australia said nobody should be leaving the country but the federal government gave them the go ahead to leave the country. Now the cricketers overseas are complaining they can't come back to Australia because the federal government has banned any flights from India.

I'm just lolling over how stupid some people really are.
1) You don't travel overseas or leave your home country during a pandemic.
2) If you do go overseas during a pandemic, you do so at your own risk.
3) If you go overseas during a pandemic, don't expect to come back and bypass the quarantine procedures.
4) Serves you stupid greedy cricketers right.
Who even likes fuplie cricket anyway? :rolleyes:

Lots of people like cricket in those countries where it is played. In the UK I could say "who even likes baseball or American football" because few people here play those or watch games because there are none to watch except American games on TV.
Cricket countries include the UK, Australia, West Indies, India, Pakistan etc etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back