Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

Iā€™m going through Cellular Reproduction and DNA in my High school Biology right now, and according to my book, itā€™s not a real vaccine.
What curriculum/book do you use?

I learned about Cellular Reproduction and DNA last month! I am learning about Ecology now?

What curriculum/book do you use?

I learned about Cellular Reproduction and DNA last month! I am learning about Ecology now?
I think the book may be figurative. It strikes me as very unlikely that an mRNA vaccine would feature in a high school cellular reproduction text.

And if it did it would be talking about the magnificence of the technique, not making false claims about vaccination

Doesnā€™t Alaska have like 1.3 per square mile?

ā€”ā€”

The COVID vaccine isnā€™t even a real vaccine, by definition. It just changes your RNA, not your DNA. Most people are calling it ā€œgene therapyā€.

Iā€™m going through Cellular Reproduction and DNA in my High school Biology right now, and according to my book, itā€™s not a real vaccine.

ā€”ā€”

My family doesnā€™t want to get the vaccine, because we doubt it even works. Also thereā€™s the issue with the blood clots...
Something like that. people live in city clusters here and alot of the land has very little people people. I think Anchorage has about half of the of popultation.

I mean why can't they just let the people who want to be vaccinated be vaccinated and leave the others who don't want it alone.

That's the basis of consent. If the person is fully informed and makes that choice so be it.

It's the role of healrhcare professionals to make sure people have access to relevant and accurate information with which to make their decision.

There is such a lot of scare mongering and inaccurate information, it's actually quite scary to see. And if someone said no to a jab based on outright lies and then died, I'd feel pretty awful.

If I knew they had l the info and said no, then no biggie for me. People are free to make their decisions however I disagree with them.

Some of the behaviour stuff is more challenging because it impacts others.

I mean why can't they just let the people who want to be vaccinated be vaccinated and leave the others who don't want it alone.
They arenā€™t really forcing us in KY to take the vaccine, but everyone wants to.

Are they telling you on the news to take it? Or are people coming to your door or something?

Because people that aren't vaccinated can transmit the virus to different areas and infect other people. This will allow the virus to spread unchecked.

It's why the common cold and flu viruses haven't been eradicated. If everyone was vaccinated for the common cold and flu viruses, we could get rid of it permanently instead of having to deal with it every year. But not enough people get vaccinated and the virus simply spreads around the globe every year.

Because people that aren't vaccinated can transmit the virus to different areas and infect other people. This will allow the virus to spread unchecked.

It's why the common cold and flu viruses haven't been eradicated. If everyone was vaccinated for the common cold and flu viruses, we could get rid of it permanently instead of having to deal with it every year. But not enough people get vaccinated and the virus simply spreads around the globe every year.
Well if it is an actual vaccine then people who are scared of covid should just get it, and then they wouldn't have to worry about getting it from non vacinated peolple.

No vaccine is 100% effective. If they were anti-vaxers would be an easy group to take care of. "Why shouldn't I get to carry my small pox blankets around just because you chose not to be vaccinated? I'm vaccinated." Same logic of "my rights extend to endangering others."

For all the people that don't want the vaccine, think about polio. If the vaccine for polio wasn't mandatory, polio would still be running around rampantly causing all sorts of problems to people. Would you take a polio vaccine or a tuberculosis vaccine? If you don't then you are stupid because they can both kill you if you aren't vaccinated against them.

Here we have a brand new virus affecting the human race and it is killing people. If you don't get vaccinated, you are contributing to its spread and the death of people who you may or may not know or care about. But this virus isn't just spreading to people, it is bouncing back and forth between pets, livestock and people and that means any species that is affected, could cause a mutation in the virus that wipes out the entire human race, or wipes out every dog or cat or chicken or bird on the planet.

It's up to everyone to do their bit to try and control this virus and stop it spreading. If you don't want to get vaccinated, go live in the bush and never come into contact with people, birds or animals and live your life. But if you plan on living in suburbia and using local supermarkets, petrol/ gas stations and stores to buy items that you need, then get vaccinated or wear a mask and disinfect your hands when in town or near people.

If this virus mutates in a bad way, it could wipe out every human on the planet. That includes the people who haven't been vaccinated.

For all the people that don't want the vaccine, think about polio. If the vaccine for polio wasn't mandatory, polio would still be running around rampantly causing all sorts of problems to people. Would you take a polio vaccine or a tuberculosis vaccine? If you don't then you are stupid because they can both kill you if you aren't vaccinated against them.

Here we have a brand new virus affecting the human race and it is killing people. If you don't get vaccinated, you are contributing to its spread and the death of people who you may or may not know or care about. But this virus isn't just spreading to people, it is bouncing back and forth between pets, livestock and people and that means any species that is affected, could cause a mutation in the virus that wipes out the entire human race, or wipes out every dog or cat or chicken or bird on the planet.

It's up to everyone to do their bit to try and control this virus and stop it spreading. If you don't want to get vaccinated, go live in the bush and never come into contact with people, birds or animals and live your life. But if you plan on living in suburbia and using local supermarkets, petrol/ gas stations and stores to buy items that you need, then get vaccinated or wear a mask and disinfect your hands when in town or near people.

If this virus mutates in a bad way, it could wipe out every human on the planet. That includes the people who haven't been vaccinated.
Waiting for your TED Talk! ;)

Actually no matter what era you are living ... be in Empire of Rome ... or the Great Egyptian Era or Vikings rampage age ... people are just too afraid to change.
In the advent of High Tech world of 2021 still people are not open for changes thats what happen to these anti vaccine groups/followers. Any changes are not welcome and sadly they way they are thinking are the same as when the first Fire was discovered during the cavemen era.

They will say its act of evil , God is angry and the list goes on and on with of course their own limited logic way of thinking ..

Look at Crocodile they are adaptable and that is why they are here today even in year 2021 .... as oppose to their long lost cousins of Dinosaurs ancestors. Dino cant adapt thus perish completely ...
Well I am seeing those anti vaccine groups/followers like a T Rex lineage ... when they perish it will just mark another milestones of history but I do hope that they will live in some secluded area and not infected other quarters of the public that do want to live their lives normally.

So should someone who already had covid get the vaccine?

So should someone who already had covid get the vaccine?
If someone has had covid19 they don't need the current vaccine. However, they might need to be vaccinated against the newer strains, but time will tell for that.

If someone has had covid19 they don't need the current vaccine. However, they might need to be vaccinated against the newer strains, but time will tell for that.
Makes sense

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back