Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

I've been playing that came with a covid like virus. Same, it goes quick. Cool to see someone else who plays it
I'm going to try the same thing on brutal tomorrow to see the result as I just did a quick one on normal but I was surprised at how fast it was. Even Greenland went under quickly and usually I find them the hardest to infect.

I'm going to try the same thing on brutal tomorrow to see the result as I just did a quick one on normal but I was surprised at how fast it was. Even Greenland went under quickly and usually I find them the hardest to infect.
I've always struggled with Greenland too

I decided to play plague Inc and created a virus that mimicked corona. It was one of the quickest wins I've had.
Never played the game, but I hear its fun. Is it a strategy game?

Update from Australia.
There are new cases in NSW, Victoria and Western Australia.

WA has 17 new cases during the past 24 hours. This is the highest number in over a month. Two are from people returning to Australia from overseas. One is from a person returning to WA from Victoria. The government has not said where the other 14 cases are from or where they actually are in the state.

Whilst these numbers are nothing compared to the US and other countries, it is alarming because WA had no new cases for several weeks and now we have a sudden spike of cases and the government is not telling us where they are.

-----------
NSW has 14 new cases in the last 24 hours, 13 have been ordered into quarantine for 2 weeks. Most of these people are from Victoria and have only crossed the border in the last week or so.

Houston’s Mayor cancelled the Republican National Committee Conference siting too many people in a closed building but then had his own large agenda in the same building. Go figure...

I'm going back on Sunday, should be fun.

Well I work in a decent sized call centre, my issue last time I was there was the managers have to touch your keyboard whilst using gloves to put passwords in all the time..

Well I work in a decent sized call centre, my issue last time I was there was the managers have to touch your keyboard whilst using gloves to put passwords in all the time..
That could be an issue if they aren't wearing a mask. :(

----------------

Florida county reports 33.5% positivity rate
I hate to say this but I reckon 99% of the people in the US will have been exposed to covid19 by the end of the year. You can't stop it now, there are just too many people with it. :(

You guys need to stay safe, avoid contact with other people, stock up whenever you can, and keep washing your hands.

That could be an issue if they aren't wearing a mask.

One major issue is the clients are very obnoxious and when you tell them things they don't want to hear, they make an assumption you don't know what you are doing and demand to speak to a manager. At which point we were originally giving the headset and use of the keyboard to managers but eventually they implemented the idea of a manager calling them back when they can, however the clients are angry and just shout at you for half an hour because they think we will obide to their desires. This is pretty stressful.

Texas brought in the refrigerated body trucks already

Victoria has 288 new cases for the last 24 hours. They have over 1000 active cases. This is nothing compared to the US but it's really bad for Australia.

Two people in Victoria apparently went into a fast food outlet and bought lots of food (26+ meals). The cops were called and followed the people back home and found a party going with over 30 people in one room. They were all fined a total over $26,000 for breaching lock down laws.

The Victorian Premier has recommended people wear masks when in public and they are in close proximity to other people, but he is unwilling to make it compulsory. There is strong evidence that masks do reduce the spread of this virus, so not making it compulsory when there is an outbreak that is spreading rapidly is just stupid.

----------------
There are more new cases in New South Wales (NSW).

----------------
People are being encouraged to buy things from cafes' and fast food outlets/ restaurants, but the staff don't have to wear masks. If one of the staff gets covid19, they could spread it to lots of people. This happened a few months ago when staff at a MacDonald's store had covid19. It's stupid that the government hasn't made masks compulsory at least in places that handle food or drinks.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back