Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

We don't in the UK, however, I once read an extraordinary story of a place I think in China which has a river that people throw their rubbish into as its convenient int hat it takes it away, anyway, they had to build like a damn kind of filter place to take it out, this included floating beds/furniture.

That’s nasty!

Yes the virus is mutating a bit but the main part remains the same and a vaccine for one strain should offer some protection for the mutated strains, albeit a little less effective.

No I won't be the first to get a vaccine. I have numerous health issues and will do the same as you and wait a couple of months.

-------------------------

Lots of companies have seen a massive increase in online sales and you are correct in saying it saves them money. If you can sell the same items from your warehouse and have a couple of people wandering around picking and packing orders, it is a lot cheaper than having a store open with dozens of staff and paying enormous amounts of money in rent for being in a shopping centre. Not to mention power bills, public liability insurance and everything else associated with running a business that is open to the public.

Target Australia is shutting down a lot of stores claiming they aren't making any money. At the same time their online store is selling heaps, so it makes good financial sense for them, albeit at the loss of jobs for some employees.

I wouldn't be surprised if more retail stores remain closed after covid19 and those companies just sell stuff online.
Problem is - if they make people redundant to save money, then those people don't have money to spend on other products. The way out of a depression is to ensure people have enough spare cash to buy non-essentials - not to put them all on such low incomes that they are struggling to pay rent and buy food.

So ultimately, reducing staff has a knock on effect on your own sales.

We don't in the UK, however, I once read an extraordinary story of a place I think in China which has a river that people throw their rubbish into as its convenient int hat it takes it away, anyway, they had to build like a damn kind of filter place to take it out, this included floating beds/furniture.

Hell's bells!:eek:

As it happens, when I went for a walk to my local MOT centre for my car (this is a yearly road worthy test for those not in the UK), I noticed at least 6 disposable gloves thrown into the street by people who couldn't be bothered to put them into a bin.

"
As the world battles the pandemic, more and more protective equipment is ending up in the sea.

Some 129 billion face masks and 65 billion plastic gloves are being placed into the environment every month, according to Ocean Conservancy.

Divers and observers are spotting more of this discarded waste floating and underwater, causing problems for wildlife and washing up on shorelines all over the world."
Some people are just FILTHY! :mad:

Dum Dums who does that:mad:

Problem is - if they make people redundant to save money, then those people don't have money to spend on other products. The way out of a depression is to ensure people have enough spare cash to buy non-essentials - not to put them all on such low incomes that they are struggling to pay rent and buy food.

So ultimately, reducing staff has a knock on effect on your own sales.
The stimulus checks are helping in that matter here. We get another one in August. :)

NZ has mandatory quarantine in a hotel upon entry. One lady escaped and had to be tracked down. Everyone she came in contact with was also placed in mandatory quarantine. NZ put all incoming flights in hold until the current people in quarantine are done.

Well my neighbors (also my aunt and uncle) are hosting a huge wedding in their yard for their son because the venue closed down with the lockdowns. There will be over 100 people crammed into a smaller than 9000 square foot yard. It will be so crowded that the chairs will have to go around the sides of the house.

What boggles me is that my aunt is a nurse. She knows what's happening but doesn't care. She was offended when we said we wouldn't come to the wedding.

Speaks volumes about her intellect
Yeah. She did live in the Soviet union before she came to America so she is wary of government control in any form, but she should know better about this

I decided to play plague Inc and created a virus that mimicked corona. It was one of the quickest wins I've had.

I decided to play plague Inc and created a virus that mimicked corona. It was one of the quickest wins I've had.
I've been playing that game with a covid like virus. Same, it goes quick. Cool to see someone else who plays it

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back