Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
This made me angry - so many theatres have been affected. The Tories think that the arts are nothing - but drama and music feed the soul.

I hope this is enough to save the smaller ones. We have some beautiful ones here in the North East. They give a huge boost to the community - not just the productions, but of course, the jobs they provide.

Why is it okay to open ups - where people are talking to each other all they time they are there, and ignore social distancing, but not theatres, where seats can be separated, and patrons told to wear masks? Because who talks/ eats/ drinks all the way through a play or a concert? (Well - I know there's always one :mad: but most people will just be looking straight forward, 6 feet from the next person, and listening quietly and watching the stage)
Yep. I agree. I used to do theater but not anymore, I still have friends who do, one of whom was going to be on Broadway this year, but couldnt because of this
That's such a shame Juicebox. It's a very competitive industry, and for your friend to have achieved so much must have been such a thrill for him/her. I hope they get another opportunity in the not to distant future.

That's such a shame Juicebox. It's a very competitive industry, and for your friend to have achieved so much must have been such a thrill for him/her. I hope they get another opportunity in the not to distant future.
It really is competitive! She started out in a homeschool drama class, then went on to 5th Avenue in Seattle. There just happened to be a Broadway scout there when she performed.

Any One else hear a New York woman say “I won’t wear a mask for the same reason I won’t wear underwear, things have to breath!” I was disgusted and shocked when I heard that

Any One else hear a New York woman say “I won’t wear a mask for the same reason I won’t wear underwear, things have to breath!” I was disgusted and shocked when I heard that
I saw that.

I thought it just sounded "eeew - too much information!"

She's just a mucky mare

Another update from Australia.
Covid19 is starting to spread rapidly across Victoria and even though the borders were shut a few days ago, people are still being allowed out of the state. This really doesn't make sense when you consider the gestation period of the virus (up to 14 days) and the fact the people leaving the state come from areas where the virus is active and spreading.

Many of the people leaving Victoria are sports related. Football players, soccer players, and motor racing teams are all being let out of Victoria.

The people leaving Victoria are going to states that are currently free of the virus or have virus in people that have come in from overseas. And the people from overseas are all being stuck in quarantine as soon as they get here.

The virus could potentially go nuts right across the country simply because of sport and stupid governments wanting to see a football match.

Another update from Australia.
Covid19 is starting to spread rapidly across Victoria and even though the borders were shut a few days ago, people are still being allowed out of the state. This really doesn't make sense when you consider the gestation period of the virus (up to 14 days) and the fact the people leaving the state come from areas where the virus is active and spreading.

Many of the people leaving Victoria are sports related. Football players, soccer players, and motor racing teams are all being let out of Victoria.

The people leaving Victoria are going to states that are currently free of the virus or have virus in people that have come in from overseas. And the people from overseas are all being stuck in quarantine as soon as they get here.

The virus could potentially go nuts right across the country simply because of sport and stupid governments wanting to see a football match.
It's beyond stupid.

Here in the UK we've had football matches played, but without any crowd. I don't know what it's like for the players, but there is some little lad/lass in a soundbox somewhere adding cheers and groans etc for the TV versions

Here in Houston they have found a new migration of COVID-19. Much more contagious but milder symptoms and easier recovery. Crazy!

Here in the UK we've had football matches played, but without any crowd. I don't know what it's like for the players, but there is some little lad/lass in a soundbox somewhere adding cheers and groans etc for the TV versions
We had that as well but then the WA Premier said he wanted live sport with 60,000+ fans at the matches. I called him an idiot on facebook and lost my account shortly after that. But now, today, the Premier is thinking about cancelling the football matches depending on what happens in Victoria.

---------------------
The Australian Mint (where they make money), apparently has lots of uncirculated currency sitting there because people are using tap and go bank cards so they don't have to handle cash.

The Australian Mint knew they would probably have to deal with a cashless society but they didn't think it would happen for another 20 years. Covid19 has brought it forward to right now.

Well, I'm not an expert and would say I have not researched this, however I've just been watching some people who make these anti-vax/anti mandatory vaccine speeches and it's quite shocking to hear them say things about the vaccine industry and the adverse affects of mass vaccination in America.

Apparently Americans get 72 vaccines today it was like3 50 years ago, and in 1986 at which point a legal act came in force to prevent pharmaceutical companies from being sued should a vaccine cause harm, all kinds of diseases have exploded in the American population as these companies rolld out one vaccination after another.

Now this is scary:
According to the write up, the dengue fever vaccine works best on people who have already had dengue fever. Then what's the point of giving them the vaccine? They already have antibodies from the time they had the fever.

WTF. Who developed that vaccine and why are they giving it to people who have already had the fever?
There's absolutely no point giving a vaccine to someone who has already had the virus.

Well, I'm not an expert and would say I have not researched this, however I've just been watching some people who make these anti-vax/anti mandatory vaccine speeches and it's quite shocking to hear them say things about the vaccine industry and the adverse affects of mass vaccination in America.

Apparently Americans get 72 vaccines today it was like3 50 years ago, and in 1986 at which point a legal act came in force to prevent pharmaceutical companies from being sued should a vaccine cause harm, all kinds of diseases have exploded in the American population as these companies rolld out one vaccination after another.
72 vaccines? I’ve had measle (MMR), polio, and flu. Can’t think of any others I’ve ever had. I guess tetanus could count. 72? Wow. Must be another part of the country! Lol. The news you guys read and the Country I live in are 2 very different places. Yes, we do have the best healthcare and Medical Centers in the world.

72 vaccines? Yes, we do have the best healthcare and Medical Centers in the world.

If you have the money...

I think its 72 over the life now I think more about it. They they seemed to refer to it as kids, I'veonly had a handful myself, was supposed to go back for a booster but never bothered.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back